Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Am I likely to die tonight?
  • jimster
    Free Member

Off to do my first Spinning Class, what can I expect?

derekrides
    Free Member
    sweepy
    Free Member

You’ll be sweating like a paedo on sports day.

theotherjonv

sweat mainly. Take a little towel if like me you leak easily.

And ladies in lycra, obviously.

paul78
    Free Member

My biggest moan about spinning is its as hard as YOU make it .. so you are killing yourself and the fatty next to you isn’t breaking a sweat…

… would be much happier if all bike resistance was controlled by instructor 🙂

Other than that it hurts alot.. you’ll sweat alot … and there is Ladies in lycra 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Depends massively on the instructor
    The one’s that go around putting the resistance on for you if they don’t think you’re trying are the best ones 🙂

If they have you doing anything other than pedalling, don’t go back

pedalhead
    Free Member

It’s as easy or as hard as you make it. My regular spinning class is probably the most efficient 45 mins of exercise I do all week.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Don’t go off like a rocket – just wind up the friction steadily – take a towel and some drink and a close fitting top to allow you to sweat if its warm!

crispo
    Free Member

As above, you can work as hard as you want. I am usually a sweaty mess by then end and it feels brilliant. Also as mentioned very much down to instructor, a good one with a mix of hills and sprints kept interesting can do you a really good 45min workout.

Make sure you take a drink, on the occasion ive forgotten mine I really suffer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If they have you doing anything other than pedalling, don’t go back

This, the council gym at £18 a month had 4 great instructors, and the bikes were propper spining bikes (fixed gear, big flywheels, magnetic resistance) the poncey ‘health spa’ my missus made me join at £75 a month is crap, the instructors stop between songs, lots of resting, crap bikes (freewheel, small flywheels and big bits of carpet on brake pads for resistance) etc etc, If I’m going to the effort of going spinning I at least want it to involve spinning!

Tempted to go join some cheep council gyms now………..

Make sure you take a drink, on the occasion ive forgotten mine I really suffer.

Stay hydrated all day before hand, and drink a pint 20 minutes before going in so its through your stomach before you turn a pedal, if your not so out of breath you can take a monent to drink, youre not trying hard enough!

jimster
    Free Member

Right, so it’s a perv session with a bit of hard work involved – so I am likely to feel weak after.

Just hope I don’t do a Simon Pegg when I see some stairs!! 😯

Bikerat
    Free Member

30-60 mins of hell, feel like death when you finish, can be fantastic scenery, however once you recover you,ll want to go back in for another session, I find it benefits the hill climbing in the real world.

derekrides
    Free Member

They should fit all those bikes with dynamos and hitch you lot up to the National Grid.

Then in the day time whilst you’re all at work they should make all benefit claimants come in and work for their money generating power..

Bikerat
    Free Member

With over 2 million unemployed each doing two 60 min sessions a day this could solve the energy supply issues,I may have to get in touch with MP.

stumpy01

Towel & large water bottle are a good idea!

DM52
    Free Member

don’t freewheel. All the spinning bikes I have use are fixed and it looks a bit silly when you try and freewheel a fixie.

spacemonkey

This, the council gym at £18 a month had 4 great instructors, and the bikes were propper spining bikes (fixed gear, big flywheels, magnetic resistance) the poncey ‘health spa’ my missus made me join at £75 a month is crap, the instructors stop between songs, lots of resting, crap bikes (freewheel, small flywheels and big bits of carpet on brake pads for resistance) etc etc, If I’m going to the effort of going spinning I at least want it to involve spinning!

Ok, so if I’m to give this a go I should be looking for proper spinning bikes and ask how the instructor leads the class?

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

have you looked out of the window? and you’re going to sweat inside?

peachos
    Free Member

why would you go spinning on a day like today?? put it off til its raining and get outside instead!

jimster
    Free Member

By the time I get out this place it’ll be dark and my light are at the other end of the country. 😕

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Am I likely to die tonight?’ is closed to new replies.