Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Am I just being all righteous or is this terrible, terrible parking??
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Am I just being picky or would anyone here think parking like this was okay??? https://twitter.com/rachel_norfolk/status/592665674306211842

cokie

That’s dangerous!
    Nearly as good as this..

Parked there for over 30 mins!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d have put the hazards on

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hazards on = park where you like.

footflaps

Park slightly out of line near me and all hell gets released:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/roYLNX]Don’t park on the curb[/url] by brf, on Flickr

next day:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s2svM6]Don’t park on the curb[/url] by brf, on Flickr

NB Nothing to do with me, I just walk past this every day…..

porter_jamie

what winds me up more is people parking over 2 or more parking spots in the supermarket, to stop people opening doors on their Audi. I generally try and squeeze the van right up against the door handles so they have to climb in from the other side

sandwicheater

I was in a hurry, Greggs was about to stop serving the breakfast meal deal. Do you want me to go without bacon, do you?

thepurist

Hmmm – yes he’s wrong to park there, but half the problem with multi drop drivers is that they are under huge pressure from their employers to get through their round. So APC saying “we’ll deal with it” is a bit rich.

jam-bo

I see more badly parked vans than audi’s….

dantsw13

Kings Lynn has a Prezzo? It’s changed since when I grew up there!!!

allthegear
    Free Member

Would appreciate some retweets to push the point home…

This shouldn’t be seen as acceptable.

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I see more badly parked vans than audi’s….

Is that from your Audi?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Am I just being picky or would anyone here think parking like this was okay?

If you’re not sure, pick up a copy of the Highway Code or call a police.

brooess
    Free Member

I had a note left on my car last week by an anonymous neighbour…

My Polish colleague at work says Brits are a passive aggressive bunch. I think she has a point…

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I had a note left on my car last week by an anonymous neighbour…

What did the note say? ‘Thanks for coming’?

allthegear
    Free Member

or call a police

I have

jam-bo

no, i take the van to the supermarket…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s bad parking, but you risk coming across a bit ‘grrrr’ by getting the police involved.

Just let APC know, as you have done, and if it happens again then kick off propa nawty.

allthegear
    Free Member

but you risk coming across a bit ‘grrrr’ by getting the police involved

Not sure the mother of the 3 year old that was killed on that very spot would agree with you.

Rachel

scruff
    Free Member

I once parked my car on an early morning deserted dirt covered countryside carpark and had a note left on it with moan that I was a moron who had parked at the wrong angle. I may be a moron but the angle was fine.

D0NK

get some proper bellendery near our house, couple of corner shops so get a lot of just idiotic/crap parking which presumably the drivers just aren’t aware of what tools they’re being/how dangerous they are – some really comical displays of car parking “technique” too.
    Also get the arrogant beggars who will just abandon their cars in the carriageway, saunter into the shop, saunter back out and get all stroppy if anyone comments (the shop owner does this alot). Plenty leave their engine running and car empty while they’re inside aswell.

thepurist

had a note left on it with moan that I was a moron who had parked at the wrong angle

Meh, this woman got a ticket for parking at a right angle. Badum tish!

binners

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You’d literally not believe some of the stuff in this thread over on PH: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1412996&mid=180094&nmt=The+BAD+PARKING+thread+%5Bvol3%5D

wrecker
    Free Member

Is it urban myth or can you get banned for parking on the wavy line thingys?

teadrinker
    Free Member

cokie – Member
    That’s dangerous!
    Nearly as good as this..

That’s Colchester isn’t it Cokie?

D0NK

You’d literally not believe some of the stuff in this thread over on PH

>140pages, had to get out after p1 or I’d be there all day

allthegear
    Free Member

3 points, apparently.

rogermoore

Is it urban myth or can you get banned for parking on the wavy line thingys?

3 Points and a fine – so technically yes.
    RM.

z1ppy

A source of irritation in my village are the **** who insist on parking outside the local co-op, as there a perfectly good/free car park at the back of the store. These idiots usually make it impossible to get out of said car park.. **** the lot of them.
    … then there was my g/f’s old neighbours who would only park directly outside there own houses, with no consideration for anyone elses parking, so you’d regularly end up with 1/2 car spaces either side of their cars (tight parking on a terraced st).

Nothing wrong with this post/tweet, I’d retweeted if I did that twitter shite.. and don’t be fobbed off my APC saying they’ll talk to the driver, it the managements fault for pushing the drivers into the position where they have to speed/park illegally to meet the targets (admittedly there is also idiots, who don’t see this as wrong).

squirrelking
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d say go to the police. Its not too grrr at all. Either he doesn’t know he can’t park there, in which case, he shouldn’t have a license. Or he does know but thinks the rules don’t apply to him. In which case, he doesn’t deserve a license.

footflaps

Or he does know but thinks the rules don’t apply to him. In which case, he doesn’t deserve a license.

This applies to about 80% of drivers….

Onzadog
    Free Member

It does, and I’d say the same about those. Instant solution to triffic issues would be to remove those who don’t show the task the respect it deserves.

I think 80% is very optimistic actually.

Pigface
    Free Member

There was a 10 year old Saab parked taking up two spaces at my local supermarket on Sunday 😆 just made me shake my head 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

Couriers are notorious for it, I saw one parking so badly the other day the 2-3 cars behind it actually tucked in behind him thinking he was waiting for traffic to clear or something.

I can’t condemn the whole industry but all evidence points towards the whole ‘self-employed driver’ thing works, they have to complete a stupid amount of deliveries a day to make money and parking somewhere safe/legal/moral/socially responsible every time can make it impossible – so I’m told.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Rachel – have retweeted. I’m sure you are aware already but what makes that even worse is that directly in front of that van is 200+ metres of 30min parking spaces. There are always several free.

Hope the Police take action.

BB

Mr_C
    Free Member

I saw this piece of parking genius in a very busy hospital car park last year.

Drac

I blame the Audi as clearly it’s only Audi drivers who park badly.

allthegear
    Free Member

I live on the street where the picture was taken. Far too often we see parking like this by commercial vehicles. At least McDonalds park there about 5am not the middle of the day!

Police just called to ask whether a ticking off by his employer was enough. I must be turning all Citizen or something but I’ve just insisted they go ahead an prosecute. They actually seemed very happy I did and will let me know if they need a statement. They think the pictures will be enough.

Rachel

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Am I just being all righteous or is this terrible, terrible parking??’ is closed to new replies.