Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Am I getting old or…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

…are LED bike rear lights getting brighter? Riding in today through a glum drizzle I noticed a couple of rear running lights which were as bright as car rear light. What LED are you using ATM? (Should be bright, reasonably priced, and available as a walk-in sale from a physical LBS)

robgclarkson
    Free Member

little bit of column A, little bit of column B 😉

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Makes it better and safer if LED rear light for bicycles is as bright as you have mentioned.

mrchrispy

My old Dinotte 140L rear light was so bright I didnt have to pedal

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mine is annoyingly bright, it’s a Smart Lunar R1. I thought brighter was better until I followed someone with the same rear light and couldn’t see much else.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I was behind someone the other night with a rear light that was retina-searingly bright but incredibly directional so unless you were directly behind him you couldn’t see it at all and if you were directly behind him you couldn’t see anything else. It had to be the worst designed bit of bike kit I’ve ever seen.

amedias
    Free Member

Makes it better and safer if LED rear light for bicycles is as bright as you have mentioned

not if it’s overly directional or dazzling!

Same problem with front lights, it’s not just about overall brightness

teamslug
    Free Member

I got a rear light from ebay that as well as leds has 2 red laser lines that make a cycle lane behind you…any car that strays too close is vapourized..

Rubber_Buccaneer

any car that strays too close is vapourized..

I want one of those. I’d stick it on the front of my bike and vapourise anyone pushing their bike up hill blocking the path for those of us who’d rather ride 👿

chrishc777
    Free Member

Lezyne femto

hatter

Light & Motion Viz 180, part of my commute is a B-road with long straigthts and a national speed limit so I need something that’s visible from a long way back, even in grotty conditions.

I use it even in daylight on dull days, it makes a noticeable difference to how much room you get as well, forgot to turn it on one morning and realized something was up within a few miles simply from how close the cars were coming.

costello
    Free Member

moon comet from merlin,35 lumen, usb rechargeable from your work p.c,3 inches of hellfire…

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve got Exposure Flash and Flares, bright enough for daytime, and a pulse rather than a pure on-off action

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Am I getting old or…’ is closed to new replies.