Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Am I fat or are they making cycling clothes smaller these days?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

I went into Evans to try on a new windproof jacket before buying it from them on line cheaper! 😕
    I’m glad I did because if I hadn’t I would have purchased the XL size!
    WRONG! 😉
    I needed the XXL size! 😳
    Drop all the wise cracks! I’m 13 stones and quite fit, but why are they making tiny clothes for mountain bikers and sticking big size labels on them?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I think you already know the answer, don’t you….. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I agree. I’m 5’11 7/8″ and 80kg yet I’m XL in some tops.

andyl46
    Free Member

Italian sizing? they like ’em small…

Tiger6791

are you 6ft 5?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Number 1.
    Thanks for that Bristolbiker! 😆

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

have you tubbys heard of the iDave diet?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Tiger, If I was 6ft 5 and weighed 13 stones I would blow away in the wind where having up here!
    No! 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

I would go for the opposite opinion, some mediums are huge on me. Some smalls are huge on me, I think I’ve got a small long sleeve top that’s baggy, and the XS SS version isn’t skin tight.

chakaping
    Free Member

Put both feet on the scales. 😉

A lot of gloves seem to be really tiny to me, almost needed XLs in 661 sizing.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I think clothing with it’s origins in the more ‘roadie’ side of the market tends to come up small, whereas clothing which originates more from the mountain biking side of the market comes up a bit bigger.

uplink
    Free Member

I think it’s because a lot of men who are naturally small and have the build of a 13 yr old girl are attracted to cycling so a lot of the kit is labelled up for them

just saying like

philconsequence
    Free Member

traildog
    Free Member

I think they are actually making things bigger. I always used to be medium, now I’m normally a small unless it’s a genuine Italian item. And many smalls are a bit baggy, which is not what you want on cycle kit. I’m hardly tiny myself, and 5’9″, so what really small people do I don’t know!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Am I fat or are they making cycling clothes smaller these days?’ is closed to new replies.