Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Am I being unreasonable?
  • Flaperon

“My neighbour occasionally parks his car or lets his friends park outside my house. It’s a public road and I park there myself, but he has a garage and I don’t see why he can’t use it instead of parking outside my house.

I’ve tried speaking to him about it but he laughed at me and suggested I put one of my three cars in my double garage, but I can’t because I’ve turned it into a workshop. I lean my bins against his car now as a motivation aid to stop him parking there but it doesn’t seem to be working.”

^^^ the train of thought that goes through my neighbour’s mind. He’s started harassing anyone who parks outside his house, demanding to know how long they’re going to be parked there and interrogating them about whether their insurance covers them parking on the road, insinuating that accidents happen. Is this the sort of thing the local community police officer might be prepared to have a chat to him about?

I’m pretty sure he’s mentally ill or suffers slightly from Aspergers, but equally I don’t think that’s an excuse to have a go at anyone who parks perfectly legitimately and spoils his view of, uh, the house opposite.

Half tempted to buy an old caravan and dump it there permanently.

mark90
    Free Member
    avdave2

When I win the lottery I’m going to buy the filthiest most knackered campervan I can find and employ the filthiest maddest tramp I can find to live in it outside my bosses house. He is aware of my plan. Atop the camper will be a ticker tape display to show in real time the growth of my investments.

devash
    Free Member

😈

allthegear
    Free Member

avdave2 – you are a genius

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh the guy in the quote sounds like an ass.

Its a war you wont win im afraid.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is this the same neighbour with the barking dogs from a couple of months back?

Or do you have issues with all your neighbours?

Why not write him a passive aggressive letter. That’ll learn ‘im

kcal

could be slightly deranged or just old and unsociable.

My wife used to park outside a house when she worked at a hospice in Edinburgh; the elderly would go to more and more extreme measures to stop folk parking – to the extent of damage to cars..

Police were called eventually. Old lady died. Hospice bought her house as annexe. Karma 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Police were called eventually. Old lady died.

A bit heavy handed. Shirley a fine or a short custodial sentence?

kcal

🙂
    I did read it like that after I posted 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Turn your lawn into a drive, then the dog wont crap on it every mornign and youll be able to park off street.

Flaperon

Is this the same neighbour with the barking dogs from a couple of months back?

Same bloke. Other neighbours are great but are frightened to get involved.

maccruiskeen

Is this the sort of thing the local community police officer might be prepared to have a chat to him about?

Next time you’re neighbour thinks theres a problem… tell him to call the police about it. Put the ball in his court, if his doesn’t then he knows he hasn’t got a leg to stand on, if he does he’ll have it explained to him that he doesn’t have a leg to stand on (and they can maybe explain ‘harassment’ to him at the same time).

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

he has a garage and I don’t see why he can’t use it instead of parking outside my house.

suggested I put one of my three cars in my double garage, but I can’t because I’ve turned it into a workshop

seriously?

trailhound101

CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS … nowt but trouble – poluting, noisy, when they move. Knocking over cyclists and pedestrians, running red lights, mobile phone use when driving etc etc. When they aren’t moving they’re a dammed nuiscance too… then there’s maintenance costs, depreciation, hassles with insurance, unidentified drivers, hit and runs and on and on and on.

When I rule (what’s left of) the world they will all be scrapped and everyone will cycle everywhere!

Rant over

Sorry

(think it’s time I went home…. and got my medication [hic])

Flaperon

seriously?

Seriously. It’s like having a conversation with a brick wall, except that the wall has better social skills.

cbike
    Free Member

I visited a pal recently in an estate with spaces for at least 20 cars. Looks like only 2 residents actually own a car. I got serious threatening aggro for taking up 1.5 spaces one of which must be his adopted one. Why he wants his passengers to get out into a muddy flowerbed is anyones guess.

Anyway, from now on I will be parking at 45 degrees, taking up four spaces and just abandoning it in the middle of the road.

binners

I’m very much liking the track of avdave2’s thinking 😀

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Just park in front of his house.

Junkyard
    Free Member

HAd neighbours who do this my position was and is to just ignore them and point out it’s a road they don’t own with it deal with it

Most people are left less than satisfied with this response.

flatfish
    Free Member

Had a neighbour opposite our house kick my car door and put a big dent in it when I dared to park outside his house.
    The three students next door saw it all and told me about it so I called the police. The girls next door agreed to go to court with me, he pleaded guilty 10 minutes before our hearing and I got about £300 to pull out the dent on my car which I never did.
    I put in towards shiny bike bits.

windyg
    Free Member

Park on his drive so that your not on the road outside his house that’ll put him straight

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Am I being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.