Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sort of OT: Am I being Suspicious or Tight?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Just got an email regarding a knee brace post on here 8 months ago:

Hi Foxy,

I have seen the brace you got off the NHS and dont use anymore and I need one as my knees are wrecked after serving with 2 Para and wounds in Middle East.

The Army give you rubbish after Headly Court and when your finished they don't care too much as there are more damaged peole to concentrate on so any hope.

Or do I go back to the doc and ask but they want to give me a Fenaur Shank & knee replcement and a fusion in the other which I am pissed at as I will not be put in a chair or a buggy, I want to still trek and hill walk.
    Stu

Now am I too suspicious that I am being conned as I am sure it maybe legit request and B. If I was going to get rid of it I would prob ask for something for it as if my knee in the future gave out (tis fine at the mo) I would have to buy another unless serious enough to acquire another from the NHS (which may or may not be possible).

warpcow
    Free Member

Bit of both maybe, but I would be too. In all honesty, he wouldn't get it if it was mine. He's obviously an adult with the ability to go get 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions, etc from other doctors if he doesn't like what the first one said. If he still can't get a brace from one then he obviously needs something a bit more serious, no matter how much he likes hill-walking.

And like you said… if you end up having problems again yourself, you'll feel a bit of a prat getting another (even if you don't tell them where it went).

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Maybe if people returned kit to the NHS like they're supposed to then they wouldnt be so skint.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Maybe if people returned kit to the NHS like they're supposed to then they wouldnt be so skint.

FACTS FIRST – ONE USE ONLY – THEY WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK!!!!

I would have taken it back but they said it would cost more to make sure it was safe, clean and functioning 🙂

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

id give it him.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

OK SORRY.

If I had received an email like the one above I would delete it instantly and think that the sender was a tosser.

wwaswas

my 2p;

1) If you got it free off the NHS then there's no reason not to pass it on.

2) Seems odd he's self prescribed a brace if the medics are advising something rather more surgical as a solution.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps if he is legit – but as Post 2 said sounds like he might be kidding himself (not wanting to sound callus).

Jerome
    Free Member

Meet up with him..
    Or hire a private detective.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I sent him an email so see what he says – I would be happy to give it away for a better cause than me…..

sweepy
    Free Member

the NHS wont reuse it but he will, if you would have given it back to them then give it to him.
    As for the possibility you're being conned, the best advice I was ever given on this was "let that be on his concience not yours"

BigJohn

Tell him you've put it on ebay. If he wants it that much he will bid for it.

toys19
    Free Member

Keep it in case you need it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – I am tempted to keep it "just in case" which I guess is why I have not passed it on so far. It does sound like it maybe not suitable and against docs recommendations?

i.e.

they want to give me a Fenaur Shank & knee replcement and a fusion in the other

Maybe I should emphasise that in my email?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hi Stu

I have been thinking as I have re-read your last poinient email:

When you say "Or do I go back to the doc and ask but they want to give me a Fenaur Shank & knee replcement and a fusion in the other which I am pissed at as I will not be put in a chair or a buggy, I want to still trek and hill walk.
    "

Not wanting to be pesemistic and as I do have a medical background is a brace really what you need? If you need a knee replacement and fusion then you knees must be very traumatised and unstable (and I am sure are very painful for you) and this brace is really only for use with kness with articulate OK but when your ligaments are ruptured?

Regards

Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sort of OT: Am I being Suspicious or Tight?’ is closed to new replies.