Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Am i being shafted
  • hora
    Free Member

if she wont agree to sale then move back in

In our third year of uni we lived in a house with the landlord/landlady. He lived upstairs and her in the back with her new boyfriend.

It was wierd (but cheap).

That could be an idea, mention you are struggling to pay rent/mortgage and you are going to have to move into the house. Then see if she will say her/fella will front the total monthly. Its worth trying.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Hora, you don’t really have any idea about what you are talkng about, do you? 😀

Trojan, i can give you legal advice on your problem. mail me if you want to

hora
    Free Member

Come to think of it. My work is being royally shafted.

She wants to stay in the house. Hes moved out and STOPPED paying his half of the mortgage and wants his share of the equity asap.

Shes having to pay all the costs for transfering him out etc all because she wont agree to his inflated valuation of how much the property would sell for.

4 estate agents gave £130-140k valuations. He wants 140k however other houses in the area are on for 130k MAX. ridiculous.

Steve- if you’ve got any advice for my workmate as well? 🙂

She is being bullied and shafted.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Steve YGM
    thanks

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Does the mortgage company know you have moved out, I would check the terms of your mortgage as this could be against the policy, also having the boyfriend living there could have implications, I say this because a lot of policies do not allow you to let the property.

singletrackmind

Could you not buy her out of half the deposit she put down, Take on the whole mortage and rent it back to her at cost for a fixed period ( until the tie in ends) Then evict her . If she knows its only a 2 year let , and you issue her with notice at 6 months, by recorded delivery , and every month till d-day. Then get her out , paint it with magnolia, new carpets and get it sold.
    The housing market might be in recovery by then , you dont pay for her boyfriends accomodation ( very charitable of you) and you dont loose out

grantway
    Free Member

Why have you not put the house on the Market?

Also make sure you pay through your bank account and DONT give
    any cash, any cash given must be through your bank account.

petrieboy

Think in terms of raw cash figures not the value of the house: –
    You are within a few grand of negative equity yes?
    If your half of the equity is a couple of grand, your mortgage payments are effectively intrest payments (your renting cash from the bank and seeing no benefit) why pay presumably several hundred pounds a month only to sell in 2 years when the house probably won’t increase in value, you’ll still only get a couple of quid and you may have paid several times as much in interest payments. Fine if you live there as you get benefit of the house but paying for a house for a woman you don’t like? Madness!!
    If it’s a meaningful amount to you, get her to buy out your equity (give you a cheque for £2k or whateer it is) but for an easy life, just surrender your interest. She’ll either be able to refinance herself or not but that’s not your concern.
    Remember it’s the equity your interested in – house could be worth 50k or 5 million, if equity is £50 it’s £50

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Just duff him up and kick her out.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Am i being shafted’ is closed to new replies.