Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Am I being scammed?
  • peter1979
    Free Member

Sold item on eBay for 60 quid. Buyer says the item is faulty can u send it back (command post, can’t get it apart)? I agree and say I’ll look at it and relist it when I’ve sorted it. eBay makes you pay for postage back to you.
    Set up the return but today it gets cancelled and the buyer says he will keep the post and fix it himself if I pay a good will gesture. He want 10 quid via PayPal.

I realise it’s not a massive amount, but I’m thinking if I send 10 quid to him, he could still return the item to me as faulty and pocket my 10 quid. Could I be more out of pocket somehow?

sbob
    Free Member

TL:DR

Am I being scammed?

Yes.

Cougar

If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

spooky_b329

Partial refund of the original payment would achieve the same result.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Yup, keep it as is, or return for refund. No inbetweenies.

“Ah, I see sir has declined the offer of a return. Enjoy the jog.”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Keep within the eBay rules, it’s really simple and avoids a question on a forum.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Had lots of buyers try this on. Just tell him to return it. He’ll probably decide to keep it…

jonnyboi

As above

jkomo

It’s either broken or not, tell him to return.
    What if he ruins it trying to fix, assuming he’s not bullshitting which he undoubtably is.

peter1979
    Free Member

Because he has ‘closed the return’ I don’t seem to be able to do a partial refund.
    I’m reluctant to send him money via PayPal so will probably say just send it back.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks like the buyer has already left you positive feedback?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The buyer also has over fifteen hundred feedback ratings, so definitely a reseller/business looking to make more profit.

vongassit
    Free Member

Scammer McScamface

peter1979
    Free Member

Blimey you guys are right on the detective work there!
    I hadn’t noticed he’d left me feedback, I never bother looking.

I sent him a message saying I’m not willing to send him money via PayPal and to send it back. I’ll take a look at it and relist it when it’s fixed. He hasn’t replied yet.

Cougar

… and won’t.

amedias
    Free Member

Sounds like textbook scam, but for £10? seems like a lot of work, unless they’re also at it with dozens of others.
    On the bright side:

Because he has ‘closed the return’

Sounds like goods inspected and accepted to me…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Am I being scammed?’ is closed to new replies.