Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Am I a mug / being taken for a ride? – new bike frame
  • james
    Free Member

Ordered a new frame in december (website showing in stock), wait a fair bit longer than everything else I’ve had from them before

19-Dec: frame arrived turns out to be the wrong generation of the same frame, (headset won’t fit,2part colour), also has marks/chips suggesting has been built up before and a load of dents under the paint
    20-Dec: phone, offered to arrange courier, I’ll be passing their place so to avoid waiting in for collection/return couriers, I take it in. Apparant confusion as to how this older frame got into the stock system, take away a frame as per what I ordered
    25-26th Dec, build bike up. When setting up shock, discover it doesn’t work properly. Stuck, returns too slow to ride
    Get through on phone 28th Dec, say not to send shock in, they’ll get onto SRAM in case it might be sortable from my end*, Built up counts as used?
    9-Jan: Phone up, say they’ll get onto SRAM
    10-Jan:email asking for shock to come in, should be a week turnaround back to me
    11-Jan:post shock
    12-Jan:shock recieved
    20-Jan:Phone, SRAM are waiting on parts**
    25Jan:Phone, SRAM are waiting on parts, they might be able to sort a new shock
    Today:Get call, SRAM waiting on parts,should be next week,if not maybe new shock

Next monday it’ll be 6 weeks since I first recieved a frame (I’m aware I’m beyond the intial 28 days to refuse contract .. )

**Who do SRAM wait for parts from? They are SRAM?

Am I an idiot? What would you do/have done?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Name and shame

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As usual.

Your contract is with the retailer.

You cannot be deemed to have accepted this as you have never actually had it built and used. ther is no “28 day clause and anyway you have had issues from the start

Check the sale of goods act, I would be telling he retailer to sport you out a new shock asap or you will be returning the frame for a refund.

You do not have to accept a repaired part, doubly so as its an unreasonable delay. You should simply get an exchange with a new working part.

james
    Free Member

“You cannot be deemed to have accepted this as you have never actually had it built and used”
    I have built it up? Used no, not turned a pedal (while sat on it)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter – you are perfectly entitled to repair / refund / replace your choice

andyl
    Free Member

aye shock was faulty from day 1 and you made them aware of that promptly. They should send you a brand new shock or you are entitled to return the whole lot. Did you buy it on credit card?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes return like saying if i get a hifi sepearate plug it into an amp and it does not work that I havv used it

Not fit for purpose and fairly easily shown.

Feel sorry for the shop as it is not really their fault but SRAM sort it out you useless sods.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’d return the whole lot, and send SRAM a letter recorded delivery telling them they are a bunch of idiots, and that you will now only ever be using fox/shimano/manitou or what ever from now on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Am I a mug / being taken for a ride? – new bike frame’ is closed to new replies.