Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Am I a boy scout or…
  • camo16
    Free Member

…am I right in thinking my local council shouldn’t be trying to flog my details to third party randoms for cash?

This came with my electoral form. Apparently, the council’s…

Edited Register is available for general sale and can be bought and used for any purpose such as checking your identity and commercial activities such as marketing.

If you do not want your details and others in your household to be included in the Edited Register then please indicate this when registering by telephone or internet, or if returning by post, tick the box(es) in the column marked ‘Edited Register’

Drac

It’s been happening for decades on the electoral role. If you don’t like it then opt out.

camo16
    Free Member

And there was me feeling all outraged. 🙁

Well, that’s fair enough then.

As you were.

baby
    Free Member

Your local council is broke.

Soon they’re going to be making the unemployed in your area work for their benefits.

Then they’ll be giving your enterprising children the opportunity to make things for cash in their lunch breaks.

Land of the free, where everyone pays.

camo16
    Free Member

baby, you’re spot on. My local council is broke – Mayor Joe Anderson (arguably the city’s most hated figure) fessed up to that recently.

He’s also trying to sell protected park land for a swanky ‘park side’ development. Piss well and truly boiled. 👿

Drac

Soon they’re going to be making the unemployed in your area work for their benefits

Work for money. It’ll never catch on.

Edric64
    Free Member

Then they’ll be giving your enterprising children the opportunity to make things for cash in their lunch breaks.

Mine flogs the stuff he makes in cookery to his mates ,does that count ?

camo16
    Free Member

Not unless Gideon gets his cut, it doesn’t.

towzer

I think the country is broke – haven’t we overspent in 43 of the last 50 years (*think that was the quote)

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/apr/25/uk-public-spending-1963

strangely I can’t help but feeling that none of the MPs/public servants involved will have done the same with their personal finances

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Am I a boy scout or…’ is closed to new replies.