Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Am I a bad person?
  • jools182
    Free Member

On a 10 minute trip into town I’ve been swearing at one group of cyclists (still in my car so unheard), and I actually sounded my horn at another

Obviously I need to relax a bit 😕

What can I do to make it up?

bearnecessities

This can only go well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just make sure you take them cleanly

chakaping
    Free Member

What can I do to make it up?

Ride your bike into town instead if it’s only a ten minute drive, you lazy sod.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Walks away shaking head

jools182
    Free Member

Chakaping 😀

Well said, unfortunately I had to go to pick up a big parcel from the post office, but I really do need to sort something out with regards to that. Panniers or something, and a lock

I’m in an ideal place to cycle in to the shops

qwerty
    Free Member

n+1 (+1=utility bike) = (<stress) + (>cycling) = 🙂

slowoldman

Dare I ask what they were doing to provoke your reaction? Maybe they deserved it.

jools182
    Free Member

To be honest not that much, just being ignorant

I was behind a group of 4,3 in line, one in the middle of the lane. Fair enough, they were doing 20—25ish, so I was sitting behind them, but then when we came to the junction, lights on green, they suddenly stopped, no signals or indication why, and the guy in the middle of the lane was just there, lights still on green, then they chatted a bit and pulled onto the pavement, lights now on red.

As I was sitting at the junction waiting for the green, another group arrived at the junction. It’s 2 lanes, right lane for right turn only, left lane for straight and left. Most of the group was alongside my car on the left or behind him and my car, then another one, just as the lights are changing comes on my right, pulls in front of my car and just sits there then starts chatting to the guy to my left. I have no idea where he’s going as he seems to be with the other cyclists. Lights have been green whilst he’s chatting, so I beep my horn

Like I said, I need to chill out, not just while driving, in life generally

jonjones13
    Free Member

sound like an ignorant bunch of sods, I would have hurled more abuse at them myself. Don;t understand why some cyclists think the rules of the road don’t apply to them (red lights etc). cyclists like this give the rest of us a bad name

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just shout strava as you race by them far to close

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Am I a bad person?’ is closed to new replies.