Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Aluminium tube supplies, South West or mail order
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I need some aluminium box tube for a little project. Probably 4m at around 50x50mm 3mm wall but can consider other sizes or profiles. In fact ideally I’d like shorter lengths of a few different profiles but happy to keep it simple. Anyone know of a good supplier not too far from Bristol who is happy to deal with joe public for small amounts or a good mail order company for this sort of quantity (can be posted in shorter lengths)? Or any other means of getting something similar. Happy to base the design around what I can lay my hands on.

shortyj15

Not sure about a supplier but aluminium is mainly imperial sizes off the shelf due to the west having the biggest control this would be cheaper.

Moses

Aarons? Otherwise google and Yell for local suppliers : there must be one in Avonmouth. For short lenghts you might find there’s a skip outside their premises for offcuts/

SMiths have a branch in Bristol
    Box sections

cbike
    Free Member

Aluminiumwarehouse.co.uk They have good diagrams of their stock in metric and imperial.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Be very careful buying aluminium tubes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_aluminum_tubes

TheDTs
    Free Member

Blackburns Aluminium
    Avonmouth.
    I have an account but I’m sure they will deal,with the man off the street.
    They have all the profiles you can imagine but only by the length.

trout
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Aluminium tube supplies, South West or mail order’ is closed to new replies.