Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Altura Whinlatter Challenge
  • Fred
    Free Member

How hard is this event, I've ridden a couple of the Merida 100k Enduros in the past. Will the same sort of training be ok?

Thanks

boxelder

It's hilly, but apparently will be easier than last year. Usual training plus some hill reps if you can.

timothecimmerian

We're looking at riding Whinlatter the day before (Saturday). Anyone know if Sunday's event will affect the two Red loops on the days leading up to it?

boxelder

It may do, as last year sections were ridden backwards. Ring Cyclewise – I'm sure they'll know.

muppet4
    Free Member

rode it last year and it was fine with some great climbs, mega busy when it funneled into the singletrack and had to walk sections but good fun,wedid it in the same sort of time as a 100k merida

karnali
    Free Member

either long hill reps or lots of short ones there are one or 2 longish climbs

timothecimmerian

boxelder – Member

It may do, as last year sections were ridden backwards. Ring Cyclewise – I'm sure they'll know.

I did just that and they confirmed that although there will be some signage for the event being put up, all the trails will be unaffected on the Saturday.

Thanks for that boxelder, and thanks to Craig at Cyclewise for getting back to me so quick.

neil853
    Free Member

never again 🙄

dickydutch

Brilliant event!!

Xan
    Free Member

My first time doing thus event this year. Didn't realise it was getting compared to a merida 100 time wise??!!

dickydutch

It was tough last year. Definitely tough and drop out rates were pretty high, but thats what made it more enjoyable!

dickie
    Free Member

I did last year, & said never again, had to be carried to the car afterwards & driven home. Came 2nd last but 150+ didn't finish.
    I think the winner did it in a little over 3 hours & I did it in 5 or 6 hours 26 minutes.
    I seriuosly thought I'd pushed myself too far, but didn't realize it would take so long so took insufficient food – I was very worried for my health towards the end.

So I'm doing it again this year!!

MikeWW
    Free Member

Was good fun and looking forward to this years
    Decent course-hope they don't shorten it too much
    Don't know what training you do and where you want to finish to be able to comment

2hottie
    Free Member

I'm only doing the short route what's a good time to do that in?

stoney
    Free Member

I did it ss last year 😥 it`s also my local playground. Going gears this year 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Altura Whinlatter Challenge’ is closed to new replies.