Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Altura Dryline Shorts or 3/4’s; any good?
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Do you have them, and would you buy another pair or do they never get used?

I like the idea, but owners thoughts please!

specializedneeds

I definitely use mine when it’s wet out, wether it’s actually raining or just the soaking you get from wheel spray. They work well; keep the important bits dry but you aren’t boiling within minutes and can use knee pads as normal. Handy to have pockets that keep things dry too. Plus they dry quickly (as they’re non-absorbant) so if things clear up or you’ve no spares for the next day you’re not left with heavy, cold shorts rubbing at you legs. I do tend to save them for when necessary though as they can get sweater than normal shorts if worn when it’s warm (as you’d expect). Mud grinding into the bum doesn’t seem to have ruined the waterproofing either, but like I said I don’t wear them unless its wet out.

specializedneeds

The Dryline shorts that I have.

Does anyone know if the 3/4 will fit over knee pads

AndyPaice
    Free Member

The dryline trousers I had were baggy so I cut em down to 3/4s and they worked well. Think they are wide enough to clear pads like 661 kyle straits

mine wore out fast though, the stitching on the reinforced arse panel wore through and the panel came away. Just use army surplus ones now, 20 quid off ebay and they are very waterproof, but the cut is nowhere near as good asthe alturas for riding

AlasdairMc

The 3/4 Drylines fit over pads, and the knee is adjustable anyway.

However, I too wore through the arse on mine at the stitching in just under a year.

Kudos to Merlin and Altura though, as they replaced them with a pair of the newer Attacks, and they are cut nicer and seem a lot stronger. Time will tell though…

specializedneeds

You wore them for nearly a whole year!!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

my dry lines are 2 maybe 3 years old , still going strong .. but i only wear them on long roadie rides in the wet or enduros in the wet ..

I dont bother with them on local mtb rides , by the time i get uncomfy without them its time to go home anyway !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Altura Dryline Shorts or 3/4’s; any good?’ is closed to new replies.