Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Altura Attack waterproof shorts – Sizing?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Do these still come up big?

33″ waist – go medium?

I really hate shorts falling down all the time and most MTB are poor on belts

Might even try braces – oohwa

riklegge

I’m about a 28″ waist and went small in both shorts and 3/4 attack shorts. In the 3/4 I wear braces, and find this pretty effective. In the shorts I just use the standard waist adjustment and find it okay, the lower weight compared to the 3/4 means they don’t seem to pull down so much.

chakaping
    Free Member

33″ waist here, went large – fits fine

They have velcro side adjusters

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

I’m a 34″ and wear M and braces.

Braces are the way forward

chakaping
    Free Member

Bruneep relaxing after a ride…

VanHalen

I`m 34″ (and a bit post xmas 😳 )

i have a large set but i think a medium would fit better without braces.they also leak badly from above the bum patch. so to be honest i`d recommend buying something else.

i notice cos the bum patch is quite grippy on the saddle my larges slide down easy. this maybe why they leak over the bum patch.

I tend to wear mine as an overshort over baggies as they stay in place MUCH better. especially when its cold. also good to whip em off in the car park post mud ride and have clean shorts under.

votchy
    Free Member

They come up larger than endura sizes, not gonna admit to which size but have endura mt500’s and altura attacks in same size and the alturas are waaaaay too big, even for me lol so might be worth going down a size.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The sizing must be all over the place if all the above comments are true so try before you buy. I’m a 32 to 33 waist and need a small. I have a medium pair too but they have to be velcroed all the way in and are just plain too big.

Whatever size I also use the braces. I have to hitch them up several times a ride otherwise. They aren’t exactly tailored.

superfli
    Free Member

32″ and got the small as per reviews. The fit fine. They also have a velcro waist adjustment to help

bruneep

I like to think I’m more like this

sad reality is more like this

chakaping
    Free Member

Buy both and send a pair back, in the light of the other responses.

Oh, and nice hair Bruneep. Shame to mess that up wearing a helmet.

devash
    Free Member

I find they are a very strange sizing. I’m a size 32 waist and the mediums were absolutely huge on me.

Its really strange because I have a pair of Altura Mayhem baggies and they fit perfectly in medium.

As above, order a couple of pairs and send the ones that don’t fit back.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Thanks all, I think I’ll go medium

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got large and I’m a tubby funster, so they definitely stretch (or have Velcro adjusters).

Braces FTW.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I’m a 32″ & a medium needs braces for sure

iainc

do the braces work ok when wearing a backpack ?

z1ppy

yes, use braces with all my shorts & wear a pack.
    Personally I’ve never gotten this “altura are big”, not in my experience, to the point my last order I returned as the L were too small (yes I’m big, but not THAT big)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just to be clear, I was referring to the Altura Attack waterproof shorts. The non waterproof ones don’t come up anything like as big in my experience.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Aren’t they meant as an overshort anyway so do come up big?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Possibly but I only wear them over lycra, can’t imagine wearing a baggy short underneath.

VanHalen

if they are an ‘overshort’ then i would say they are about right.

over lycra they are mahooosive.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

They are massive. I am a 30″ waist and, based on Altura’s sizing, bought a small. This was way too big, Velcro adjusters and all. I ended up with an XS. The annoying thing was that I originally wanted the 3/4 length shorts, but they don’t offer these in an XS, so I ended up with regular shorts.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Well mediums have arrived and fit – very well I have to say around my ~33″ waist

The 2 front press stud fasteners are virm and the length is just the right amount past the knee

So far so good

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if they are an ‘overshort’ then i would say they are about right.

over lycra they are mahooosive. So you’d wear two pairs of baggies and a liner/bib?

They’ve bigger than endura humvee’s, but they’re not ridiculously baggy like running shorts.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Altura Attack waterproof shorts – Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.