Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alton towers B&B or hotel nearby recommendations?
  • leeroybrown
    Free Member

I’m planning on taking the family to Alton towers for the weekend in a couple of weeks
    Any recommendations on we’re to stay? Ideally within half an hour of the resort
    There’ll be 4 of us, can’t believe the price of the on site hotel !
    Cheers

martinhutch

Premier Inn at Uttoxeter is about 10-15 mins drive away.

GrahamS

Camping at Alton, The Star which is literally a 5 minute drive from Alton Towers.
    http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/staffordshire/stokeontrent/altonthestar

Good site. Nice folk. Waaaaaay cheaper than hotels and the kids love it.

They have caravans for rent to if you don’t fancy a tent.

jekkyl

look again at alton towesr hotel and specifically the splash landings hotel, they should be reasonably cheap. They also advertise on late rooms, have a look at this weekend as an example of what they are, so you can take a chance that they’ll be at that price on the weekend you want. Other than that you’re best bet would be any hotel around the A50 in stoke and then you just have a drive down the dual carriageway to towers. There’s a holiday inn express next to stoke city’s ground which would be ideal, probably less than 30 mins drive to towers. Failing that there is also a premier inn in Leek, staffs which would be about the same distance.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I don’t fancy camping this time of year
    I may give it a week and try the late rooms route,
    do premier inns get cheaper or more expensive closer the time?

iain1775
    Free Member

You could always book a premier inn or similar but pay a little more for a rate you can cancel with no charge, then if the Alton towers hotels get cheaper nearer the time book it and cancel the Premier In

the-muffin-man

do premier inns get cheaper or more expensive closer the time?

More expensive in my experience.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Premier inns always more expensive nearer the day.
    Travelodge in Ashbourne which has a usual chain type pub next to it, or other hotels in ashbourne. Decent food/pubs also in the town. Ashbourne is 15 mins away. Even look to the lion hotel in good old belper which is then 40 mins away.

mav12
    Free Member

check ebay for admission tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alton towers B&B or hotel nearby recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.