Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Alternatives to Yeti 575?
  • ben
    Free Member

Looks like I might be waiting a few months for my replacement frame..

In which case I think I'll consider other options. Any suggestions for frames to look instead of a 575? Plannig on a fairly burly build, 36s, etc.. Currently considering a Transition Covert – any other suggestions?

Cheers
    Ben

milfredo
    Free Member

Blur LTC – Can't recommend it enough!

MSP

I like the geometry of the new santa cruz offerings, the nickel and butcher. I think my hard earned will probably be going on a butcher next spring.

toons
    Free Member

DW Turner 5 Spot, Meta 5.5, Orange 5

chakaping
    Free Member

Lapierre Spicy should be on the list I'd say.

Coasting
    Free Member

TomaC Snyper has a similar suspension system but doesnt blow thru the travel.Peddles better and best of all they have no issues with frames being far to fragile for the intended use.Well worth a look and i should imagine they are quite exotic in the UK.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Drum roll……….. Chumba VF2! Singletrack have had a test bike for a short while so expect to see a review some time soonish.

Chumba VF2 frame with RP23, Fox 32 15QR Floats RLC's (can upgrade to 36's and the frame will accept happily) Thomson stem and post, Hope wheels and Chumba saddle and grips all for £1950, bargain!

giantjason
    Free Member

+1 for the Turner 5Spot

ben
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions..

kinger

Ben
    For a burly 36-led build, you'd be better off on an Asr7 – still be under 30lb too and climbs super well 🙂
    Stu

flyingfox
    Free Member

I was going to say Transition Covert! The guys I've sold them to rave about them and from my experience, they are amazing downhill and yet climb insanely well (that last bit was a shock I have to admit!)

flyingfox
    Free Member

Just read the post above – ASR-7 is very similar and kinger's right.

undapressure
    Free Member

Intense tracer with CCDB.

Kuco

Liking the looks of the transition covert myself 🙂

tazzymtb

sinister GRUITR?

Mrtrotter
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Yeti 575?’ is closed to new replies.