Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alternatives to Sky for TV, phone and broadband
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Just generally don’t want to line Rupert Murdoch’s pocket any more, so what can be done as alternatives? Don’t mind splitting it all up into 3 separate deals with whoever.

We’ve got a Chromecast, so could stream iPlayer, etc. from iPads. The boys love stuff like Ninja Turtles on Nick, but we don’t do movies or sport. So, there’s Freeview, and I’ve heard of Amazon TV, but what else that’s a bit clever?

Thanks!

jimdubleyou

Does your street have Virgin cable?

We used to have the top package (a fortune) but just dropped to almost top level broadband (200Mb) and minimal TV + phone for £52 a month.

Still get a Tivo.

Also have a Prime subscription (plays on pretty much anything), and Now TV (which will line the Murdoch pocket).

Rickos
    Free Member

Just checked and we can’t get Virgin.

BT is barely any cheaper than Sky.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Now tv + broadband.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Sorry, just realised thats lining Murdochs pockets too

Rickos
    Free Member

So, Netflix. Do I have to do that via iPad and Chromecast or is there a box? Their website is shocking unless you sign in – tells you nowt!

anon1
    Free Member

don’t know who your mobile provider is, but a lot of them do something similar. Like BT.

Vodafone TV is out in Ireland.

http://www.vodafone.ie/home/tv/?icmp=homepage-converged-module-tv

it is coming here. At some point.

the-muffin-man

TalkTalk are about as cheap as you’ll get for TV, Broadband and Phone…

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/tv-and-fibre

I’m with them and have had no trouble with them.

As for lining Murdoch’s pocket – I look on it as keeping hundreds of people on the UK employed. With all of them you’re lining some millionaires pocket.

Rickos
    Free Member

Millionaires are fine, Murdoch not so fine. And I don’t think me cancelling will make thousands of people redundant and mean the Sky cycling team are disbanded…

Anyway, looks like Freeview/Freesat and £20 a month for phone and broadband are the way forward. That’ll save £40 a month and the boys will just have to find TMNT on YouTube or something.

mikey74
    Free Member

Plusnet and Youview?

fingerbang
    Free Member

Just don’t go to bt, please. I’ve made it my life s mission to tell everyone how bad they are. Without doubt the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. Just awful. I can’t expla in why as it’ll just be returning a wound

fingerbang
    Free Member

* Reopening a wound

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Sky for TV, phone and broadband’ is closed to new replies.