Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alternatives to iPhone 6?
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

My iPhone 4 will be approaching its fifth birthday in the summer. It’s about time I replaced it with something new!

Before I go straight for an iPhone 6 can anyone suggest anything else worth considering? I’m a bit out of touch with what’s what in the world of phones.

johndoh
    Free Member

iPhone 6+

smatkins1
    Free Member

iPhone 6+

They sounded like a great idea on paper… then I got my hands on one. They’re massive!!!

jools182
    Free Member

HTC one

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve got a 6 plus.
    Yes it’s big but it fits in my trouser pocket just fine.
    No, they don’t bend (unless you physically bend them).
    Just get one.

nealglover
    Free Member

I have an iPhone 6 and work phone is HTC one.

They are both good but I much prefer the 6 for pretty much everything.

nickjb
    Free Member

Or get and android phone and buy something else shiny with the £300 change. Plenty of good ones out there. Not really better or worse, just different.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

No, they don’t bend (unless you physically bend them)

So they don’t bend unless you apply a physical force? That’s good to know 😉

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I am an unashamed Apple fan, however when I replaced my phone 18months ago…from the eye wateringly bad Samsung S3 I emded up opting for the Nokia Lumia series. I can’t quite place why, but there’s something about it which just makes it the most useful phone I’ve ever owned. The email integration is hassle free, the diary really easy to use and the messaging services are fine. App support is limited and, last time I checked, Strava was unavailable but overall, I’d definitely get another one. Which is more than can be said for my Android experience.

AlexSimon

I bought an iPhone 5 16gb off ebay last week for £99.
    Some are selling on here for about £125

For me, that was the best compromise, all considered.
    Seems quick on the latest OS too.

saxabar
    Free Member

Similar here – I bought an eBay iPhone 5.

For years I’d used an iPhone 4, went to a Sony Experia (Android) and then bought an iPhone 5 as I needed an Apple-only app for work.

On balance I prefer the iPhone for simplicity but Android for apps (there’s a lot that Apple do not store).

Having also flicked through a 6 in store, if I were you I’d save a few hundred quid, buy an Apple 5 online and then upgrade in a year or so.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to iPhone 6?’ is closed to new replies.