Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alternatives to High5 Zero Electrolyte?
  • lovewookie

Is there anything better value than this around, I can get the 20 tabs for about £3.50 for 20 tablets. I find them great for general ride drinks as I don’t often require energy boosts, but just checking that there’s nothing else I could be considering?

spacemonkey

I stopped using High 5 stuff years ago. Just seemed to “chemically” to me.

Been using Torq for a while as it just feels cleaner and better. Nuun tabs as well on occasion although I don’t think they do anything for me.

johnnystorm

Sis pineapple & mango is nice. But then I like High 5…..

kcal

Nuun here. not that cheap, but work for me – much more palatable way to take in fluid; wife used to get into terrible state after dehydration at the gym – since switching to Nuun, nothing since (except when she forgets).

tang
    Free Member

Nunn are great.

Yak

I stopped using them, and switched to plain water for general riding around. No nasty flavours, no ‘chemically’ aftertastes and cheaper.

I appreciate that for very long rides in hot weather, you may need some salts along with energy of some kind though. If I’m going to get cramp over a shorter ride/race/event, then it’s usually because I’m not fit enough or have not done enough riding at that intensity beforehand.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I like the Nectar ones – seem less ‘chemical’ than the Nuun ones I tried, but unlikely to get them for £3.5 for 20.

jimjam
    Free Member

Most carb supplement drinks contain the same amount of elecrolytes (torq, high 5 2:1 etc) but also have calories, to actually give you something. The High 5 zeros are one of the best value electrolyte tablets out there but they have zero calorific value and contain aspartame, so….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Myprotein.com do an electrolyte powder, 250g for 9 quid. Suggested dose is less than a gram per 500ml so lasts ages. Just add a bit of squash or fruit juice for taste.

t_i_m
    Free Member

Nunn are great.

+1

lovewookie

then it’s usually because I’m not fit enough or have not done enough riding at that intensity beforehand

that, pretty much.

anything >1.5 hours i normally appreciate the electrolyte drinks. I used to insist on something along those lines during summer, now I guess I use them just out of habit all year round.

I am a sweaty git though, even mid winter.

Ordered up some more from discount supplements, but I’ll have a look at the myprotien.com stuff.

cheers all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to High5 Zero Electrolyte?’ is closed to new replies.