Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alternatives to Crank Brother Pedals
  • pguy78
    Free Member

After snapping the spring on my candys I am in the market for some new pedals. Even though i like the float on crank brother pedals i am open to other types. What is everyone else using/recommend? I like the look of the shimano trail but have no experience of them.

druidh
    Free Member

How old are the Candys?

legend
    Free Member

If you like lots of float then Time is your friend. If you’d like less, then it’s Shimano

pguy78
    Free Member

3 years ish

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My Candys (original ones, ‘S’ model IIRC) just broke (bearing failiure) after 3 years SS use.

Ordered some of the newer needle bearing ones for £70 as IMO there’s nothing better (although plenty cheeper).

jonnyrockymountain

Agree with legend time pedals, I run time xroc s fantastic pedals, I have previously had crank bros and Shimano but time are the way forward

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Time.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Time, again. 15 year old carbons still on the bike. A few quid every 3 or 4 years for new bearings – sorted.

br
    Free Member

tbh I just buy the cheapest Candy’s (almost the lightest too), and when they die – buy another pair. Get new cleats too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cb were doing a replacement upgrade deal recently. Drope them a mail.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Look Quartz are similar in feel to CB. It might be worth waiting until the new Look S-Track are available though.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Time ATAC.

Last for years, good at shedding mud, plenty of float.

Del

time +1000k

baldman
    Free Member

+1 Time

For me the basic ones perform as well as higher end models. I have three versions on different bikes – all seem to work the same, more expensive ones are just a bit lighter – would just replace with the basic ones now if any ever break – oldest (and cheapest) pair from late 90’s still in daily use on commuter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Crank Brother Pedals’ is closed to new replies.