• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by bol.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alternative to Islabikes?
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Looking into buying a bike for my soon to be 6 year old daughter and wondered if there are any alternatives to Islabikes. I was thinking of the small Beinn 20 but the price of these is now over £200. Any thoughts?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Just got a Hot Rock 20 for my son who's 7. Seems a good fit, good quality and pretty light:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-excitement-of-a-new-bike?replies=1#post-1251378

He had a CNOC 16 prior and I also considered the Beinn 20, another option seemed to be the Ridgeback MX20.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

I'd second ridgeback mx20 2 colours.best kids bikes I've stocked

boxelder

Just got a Beinn20 (Lge) for our just 6yr old. Looked at lots of other options, but didn't want a suspension fork (pointless) and everything else felt lumpen. Finding kid sized components, with 5/6 decent gears is hard. Closest was a Cube – but more expensive and has huuge brake levers.
    Islas Beinn20's now come in red or 'retro' purple. We went for red and it's really nice – better than in the pics (if you want pics of both mail me and I'll forward – don't think they're on the site yet). They got it shipped early to, so as not to miss the big day. Another really sound small British bike firm.

bol

The other beauty of islabikes is that they hold their value better than almost any niche adult bike brand. Just cover it in helitape and when your kid grows out of it bung it on here or eBay a couple of weeks before Christmas. Suddenly they aren't so expensive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Islabikes?’ is closed to new replies.