• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alternative to Isla Creig?
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

I was intending to purchase my 9 year old son a Isla Creig 26" to replace his old Benin. However the £600 pricetag has made my wife ask if there are cheaper alternatives. She has a fair point so I was wondering if the STWparentscollective could let me know what their offspring ride? The bike would need to do my son until he would be 11.

Cheers y'all

devs
    Free Member

Got my boy a 24" Viper off CRC. It's not light but it is aluminium and even has disk mounts! Was reduced to £110 when I got it and it's done well for him. The only problem he's had is blisters on his thumb from the grip shifts but I think that may have been poorly fitting gloves. He got it when he was 7.

skyhigh_71

We have a Isla Creig for our (tall) 8 year old son. This was a progression from the Isla Beinn 24. I know it seems a lot of money, but if you and your son are serious riders, it is worth it IMHO. Components are good and everything fits properly in the usual Isla bike fashion. Also, they have fantastic resale value – we got 70% of new value for our daughter's Isla Cnoc 14 after about 16 months use.

br
    Free Member

My son had a Trek MT220 at 8/9, very impressed with it – has adjustability built-in – 24" wheels and £220.

He's used it everywhere from the street to Glentress and Aston Hill.

Got it from our LBS, and he still rides it now at 11 as his 'street-bike'.

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/kids/ages_9_12/mt220/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Isla Creig?’ is closed to new replies.