Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alternative to High Rollers for the Dark Peak
  • SBrock
    Free Member

I’m running 2.35 Wire-bead High Rollers 60a rear/42a front tubeless on Flow rims, it’s time to renew them ready for spring, I have no reason really to change but is there any other combo that I should would be better? What do you guys use for aggressive trail riding? Minions?

I ride the Dark Peak and in 4 years I have only ripped one tyre due to a crash!

Thanks

flyingmonkeycorps

I have a High Roller on the back and a Minion on the front. I think. Mostly I tend to go for whatever I can get cheap 😀

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I use exactly that combo, stick with it. Thinking of Minions for an Alps trip, but not UK trails. New style High Rollers cheap on CRC apparently.

Nice and grippy up in the Peaks though, so maybe you could ditch the Super Tacky?

SBrock
    Free Member

Mmm I was thinking of going 60a front and rear! Maybe I should stick with the HRs then!

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Me and most of the lads I ride with (All dark peak locals) are on 2.4 maxxis advantages. Roll faster than either the high roller or minion 2.35 and come up huge and really tall to ward off the pinch flats. Not the best in mud as they tend to surf about a bit but they are ok. Awesome over the rocks!

sambob
    Free Member

ADvantage are good IME. Maybe Minion DHF front, Advantage rear? Shame EXO ADvantage aren’t being imported.

Pridds

High Roller 2 supertacky 2.4 on the front and LUST high roller 2.35 on the rear and they are brilliant and will be staying on the bike for a while. Had a normal high roller supertacky and replaced it with the HR 2 and it is noticeably better in all areas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to High Rollers for the Dark Peak’ is closed to new replies.