Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Alternative to goggles
  • sparrowcar
    Free Member

Every single pair of goggles I’ve tried and returned pinch my nose so that I struggle to breath normally.
    I’ve tried twice without success to trim the foam around the nose bridge without any luck.

Can anyone suggest glasses with foam protection with good eye cover as I’ve given up trying to find goggles that suit.
    And no a nose job is not an option 🙂

Thanks in advance

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is that in a full face? I had a lid that caused every pair of goggles to do that.

After that addidas evil eye pors are the best I’ve ridden with glasses wise

Deveron53
    Free Member

Try a pair of the latest goggles issued to HM Armed Forces for desert use:
    Revision Bullet Ants.

I’m trying a set for general trail riding due to me having unnaturally watery eyes! Apart from some steaming up issues, seems to be like wearing Oakleys without the draught.
    I got mine off Ebay for about £25

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dare I suggest ‘goggles that fit’?

Well worth properly exploring, as with ski goggles. Helmet, head and goggles need to ‘work’ together properly. For example, I really wanted a pair of Splice goggles, but the Crowbars were just a waaaaay better fit (Especially on my nose).

Just a thought to throw in there…!

I used a set of these with my ff at BPW until I lost them. I had the yellow lenses but shown clear here for sake of finding a decent PIC. Sit close to the face and have a foam pad round the back of the frame. It’s quite a hard foam but doesn’t really press against your face though. Cheap off the bay.

Bollé Tracker

sparrowcar
    Free Member

Some great suggestions to research later thanks.

It’s to be worn with a Spesh tactic II trail helmet but the helmet isn’t the issue.
    I try the goggles on without and basically it seems like the bridge of my nose is too close to my eyes.
    When I put the goggles on above/off my nose then my eyes end up at the bottom of the goggles and most of the remaining goggles are covering my forehead.

I’m living in Dublin and goggle selections in the shops over here are very poor for trying on sizes.

If you can settle for normal riding glasses, I’ve found these to be pretty good so far – Tifosi Mast Fototec

bradley
    Free Member

Look at some motocross goggles. Motocross stuff and mountain bike stuff is pretty similar apart from motocross stuff has higher safety standards.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

oooohhh im trying a pair of those Bolle tracker,

jamiec360
    Free Member

You can get windproof gaskets for racing jackets (main difference from jawbones tbh). Also have the strap mounts on end of the arms or if you want something smaller they do the same for split jackets, think they call them windjackets.
    I got them for sailing and really comfy and removable when you don’t need as much protection.

Superficial
    Free Member

Sunglasses + Full face = fashion fail. I suggest trying a few pairs of goggles with your helmet, they can’t all do this.

However if for an open lid then my Oakley Jawbones fit pretty close to my cheekbones under my eyes so mud etc won’t get through.

Sunglasses + Full face = fashion fail. I suggest trying a few pairs of goggles with your helmet, they can’t all do this.

Jeez. Cos we all look so stylish every time we go out biking 😕

Not even half the fail that goggles and open face are. Enduro dude!

legend
    Free Member

Still need to hear what helmet the OP has

BillOddie

Sunglasses + Full face = Enduro!

Just like Tracey!

And Jerome!

legend
    Free Member

Lets face it, a full face helmet without goggles just looks stoopid.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

@legend

I already said in my previous post it’s a Spesh Tactic 2 trail helmet.

Northwind

Never had any luck with glasses in a fullface, it’s like the helmet scoops up the air and far more comes round the side of the glasses, much more eyewatery.

Still think the OP’s issue is bizarre though. As an experiment, do they pinch when you’ve got no helmet on? The amount of force they’d need to put on your nose to pinch like that is seriously high, the goggle strap should just be holding them against your face not mashing it! So I’m thinking, either the strap is stupendously tight or the helmet is pushing the goggles down.

scotroutes

Windjackets are very good. I have some prescription ones with the transition lenses.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some dirty dog wetglass glasses for £40.. they are polarized and have a detachable strap.
    They are comfy and have a coating which the water supposedly runs right off.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah you look a proper Gilbert in a full face with sunnies, but its what ive had to resort to a few times for the exact same reason as the OP.

where are there any shops that stock a range of goggles to try on with my helmet??

legend
    Free Member

Have you tried to put the goggles into the opening without your head being in there? You might find that the outside of the goggles is being pushed in, and some trimming in this area might help

4130s0ul
    Free Member

may sound a little cheap but I’ve been amazed by the De-Walt safety glasses, £6 a pair at machine mart.
    very slightly yellow tinted mirrored lens gives excellent vision in and out of trees and are great for dispersing water / mud.
    I have not had a problem with them steaming up as yet, but maybe i’m just not riding hard enough

sparrowcar
    Free Member

OP here,

I bought a pair of Revision bullet ants after Deveron’s suggestion. Arrived this morning €30 delivered to Dublin so happy out. So far all my breathing issues are gone and they look like a super bit of kit.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Deveron53
    Free Member

They are optically as good as Oakleys. They have to be due to the fact that they are designed to be used with night vision goggles. I have an idea that they will become popular by word of mouth. Buy now before the price goes up!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to goggles’ is closed to new replies.