Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alternative routes at Glentress
  • blahblahblah
    Free Member

I have my first weekend free for mountain biking this year!

As the Enduro is on at Innerleithen, I think I will keep it simple and just head to Glentress from Edinburgh.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for routes that take in a mix of official and unofficial tracks at GT? It would be nice to ride something other than the Black route and link up some of the EWS tracks if people had suggestions on what order I should ride them in.

Any suggestions welcome.

chris1h
    Free Member

Ride up to the mast and down zorro (EWS day 2 – stage 1 from last year), back up the fire road and Anderson Road up to the boundary trail, down redemption, along the fire road and down broon troot, along black transition and down double x, ewok, bitch and ponds enduro (Stage 3 from last years EWS).

Takes in some of the best bits of black and some of the other EWS stuff.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

You are a gentleman,

That is exactly the sort of route I was looking for. Hopefully it doesn’t rain/ ming it on Sunday 🙂

Ta very much

br
    Free Member

Also climb as going to Spooky and after the switchback climbs continue to follow the fireroad and just before the tree-line there is a left on the open moor.

This was an EWS stage. Singletrack across the moor, then across the fireroad and hit the roots of Hoi Chi Min – continue on down to the 2nd fireroad. Go left and then take the right to Zoom or Bust.

Northwind

Pretty similiar- I’d go up to the mast then down to do the full mast of zorro, then back up and do either boundary or five year plan then along and do broon troot, then back up and the blacks and pond trail, then back up to the top car park and do zoom or bust and the fort descent.

So basically, EWS Glentress Day, except with broon troot instead of Deliverance, and with the top cut off the last stage as I can’t be bothered with new ho chi minh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alternative routes at Glentress’ is closed to new replies.