• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by goss.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alternative remote lever for Fox CTD shock?
  • kevin1911

Does anyone know of any clever bodges that would allow a remote-actuated Fox CTD shock to be controlled by something other than the official fox lever?

They seem to be rare, and expensive for what they are, although I’m kicking myself for not pouncing when CRC had them for about a tenner a few months ago.

rsvktm

I use a left hand shifter as a two position, takes experimenting with cable tension to get it right and I don’t get full rigid lock out (but I don’t want that). Find I use it a lot more when racing than I ever did when if was a lever.

goss
    Free Member

Pro riders use a gripshift or trigger as they have the right leverage.
    IMO the best remote I’ve tried is the Syncros 3-position(open-trail-lock) remote they fit on Scott fullys. Any Scott dealer can order a spare for you. They’re £45-60 RRP last time I checked.
    -If you’re totally out of luck with the Syncros, drop me a email.

IMO the Fox CTD remote is utter sh*t.
    Sram triggers are easier to mod than Shimano but remember the pull ratio is different.

jimdubleyou

IMO the Fox CTD remote is utter sh*t.

Had toyed with the idea of getting mine converted.

Is it a complete revelation that’s worth putting up with a shit lever or is it just a nice to have?

(I have CTD shock and forks)

lustyd
    Free Member

@jim it’s more than a nice to have. I have three bikes, a Scott Genius rigid, a Scott Genius full bounce and a Scott Genius with half travel for XC. My fav is the Scott Genius because I can change it throughout the ride with nice positive clicks in both directions.
    The twinloc is definitely the best lock out lever I’ve used by a long way.

goss
    Free Member

The twinloc is definitely the best lock out lever I’ve used by a long way.

yes!, forgot it was called twinloc, thank you ! 😀

kevin1911

Thanks all – It seems there are multiple different Scott/Syncros remote levers. ECO-L, OTS TC2 and various permutations of This, but none of them mention a Fox rear shock.

Am I right in saying that Fox shocks and forks have the same leverage rates?

lustyd
    Free Member

I think all of the twinloc ones are for fox at the rear, all the Scott bikes seem to come with these. The choice is usually Rockshox or Fox at the front, with the default being Fox. Sadly I don’t know which is which but a Scott dealer would.

goss
    Free Member

my colleague confirmed, Fox shocks and forks do not have the same pull ratio, hence the configuration of the upper and lower plate of the Twinloc.
    The best solution is to talk with a scott dealer and get them to order the right spare remote.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alternative remote lever for Fox CTD shock?’ is closed to new replies.