Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alternative for T-Rex expander
  • naffa
    Free Member

Ive got one and I cant get it to work. The problem seems to be that the head of the chainring bolts foul the rear of the cassette. Turn them around and they foul the wheel spokes.

cooie

It will only work with certain types of cassette. Won’t work with XtM770/1 10 spd for instance, as the 6 arm spider can’t accommodate all four bolts.

isitafox
    Free Member

Be giving that a miss then, cheers!

iffoverload
    Free Member

Unfortunately it wont work with some cassettes with alloy spiders, PG980/1080 are not working either, I am mucking around with the idea of doing some for 5 bolt chainrings to see if they will work with them.

@naffa, send yours back for a refund if you like 🙂

cheers

naffa
    Free Member

iffoverload thats a very nice offer but I didn’t buy mine from ebay. I bought it from the chap who makes them on pinkbike. Not too sure thats you is it?

toys19
    Free Member

ah I think this is the one I have.

toys19
    Free Member

I have two of these, neither of them fit any of my freehubs, the clearances appear to be too tight. They do not fit any other free hub I have tried. Did any of you have any issue fitting these to your free hubs?
    Bummer because I was going to convert both my 1×9’s to have 42 teeth. Arse.

iffoverload
    Free Member

@toys19

they are made with zero tolerance to avoid the sprocket rattling, (a pet hate of mine)

a little bit of filing to achive a custom fit should do the trick, if they are not compatible you can return it for a refund 🙂

cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alternative for T-Rex expander’ is closed to new replies.