Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Alternative "Costas" beach holiday????
  • Trekster

MrsT has been poorly most of this year. MzT and the grandkids are having a bit of a traumatic moment. Last year they enjoyed a “Costas” holiday but are looking for something different. Only stipulation being not too long a transfer from airport, they don’t travel well

hammerite
    Free Member

Different in what way?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

you and mrs T go away on your own? that would be my shout.

As in ‘not the Costa’s’?

Cala d’Or

Check out my thread from 2015 – Cala d’Or, Mallorca is great. In fact, we are going back this July. The transfer isn’t short, but bearable at around 90 mins (60 if you go private)

wallop

Yes, Cala d’Or is lovely.

wallop

Or if that transfer is too long, try Binibeca in Menorca – it’s about 20 minutes from the airport.

mattbee

Pret A Manger do much nicer food than Costa so maybe their holidays will be better too?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Any one of the Balierics. Ibiza is just as lovely as Majorca and Minorca if you steer clear of the party places.

Kamakazie

Croatia?
    Flights into Rijeka put you right on the coast though I don’t know how far the best resorts are from there.

ElShalimo

Costa do Morte, Galicia

BigJohn

Club Vass or Neilson

Gary_M
    Free Member

Any one of the Balierics. Ibiza is just as lovely as Majorca and Minorca if you steer clear of the party places.

As above Ibiza is a lovely island with lots of quiet little resorts. Don’t bother paying for airport transfers as it’s much cheaper to hire a car, assuming one of the adults can drive, even if you only use it to get to/from the airport. Ibiza/Menorca are very easy islands to drive on as the roads are pretty quiet. Although in general driving in Spain is fine.

You would be better explaining what you mean by ‘alternative’ though.

petec
    Free Member

Bolonia in the Costa de la Luz. Delightful. Still unspoilt.

BigJohn

How can you mention Bolonia without mentioning Tarifa that wonderful place just 10 miles away.
    I’m going there next month for about the 10th time.
    Not sure either is a family place though.

chakaping
    Free Member

I liked Menorca a lot, really peaceful and pretty.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Alternative?

Flight into Schipol, quick transfer to Zandvoort.

Lifer
    Free Member

In Dubrovnik at the moment, it’s beautiful and hot but the Adriatic is freezing and the beaches are rocky.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Speaking of the costa de Luz, conil is nice.
    Seemed to be a lot of family run guest houses.
    Great area to explore (cape trafalgar), but tarifa is europes windsurfing capital so extremely windy!

Weather could be unpredictable, but more than compensated for by the scenery and the distinct character of each small town.

Rolling into the smaller towns, it felt like if Jim Morrison were still alive, this is where he’d be hanging out.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

…and I’ve killed another thread;(

Wonder where they all go…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Alternative "Costas" beach holiday????’ is closed to new replies.