Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alternative bite valves for a dakine bladder
  • shaggmiester
    Free Member

Is there any other make bite valves that will fit on my dakine bladder as the original has been crap! And is now broke after just 6 months, shame cos the bag itself is the best i’v had, any suggestions much appreciated.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, I’d like some suggestions too, mine is just too stiff to operate with gloved fingers and leaks if you don’t close it off.

nickegg
    Free Member

I have a used once Dakine reservior (3L) for sale, should you be interested.

Email in profile.

Andituk
    Free Member

Presume its a Hydrapak bladder like my nomad:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57592

That one seems to work better.

coatesy
    Free Member

Their hoses are a bit crap too, swapped mine straight away for a Camelbak set up.Heat the hose in hot water and it’ll fit on the bladder fine.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

That valve (on CRC) is the one I have trouble with. Its too stiff turning from open to closed, especially when left for any length of time in the cupboard.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Cheers all, just ordered a surge valve, hopefully thats better, mtbtomo, thats exactly what mines like, nearly breaking my teeth trying to pull it out! can’t leave it out cos it leaks! dakine nomad, brilliant bag, poor bite valve.

jonb
    Free Member

I got a Camelbak one to fit mine. Top tip os to dip the end of the hose in boiling water for a few seconds to soften it. Much easier to get the new bite valve in that way, especially if it is a bit too large.

funkynick

Try and find a Nalgene bite valve, especially the ones with the magnetic clip, they are the best bite valve I have used.

Look here

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Shaggi, just so there’s no confusion, its the Surge valve I have – it twists shut. Its too stiff to twist between closed and open, and its been that way almost from new.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alternative bite valves for a dakine bladder’ is closed to new replies.