Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Alright I give in ! Marin Pine Mountain thoughts please .
  • oldfart

Rutland are flogging them for £550 , the damn advert has been following my every move all week so talk me out of it ! Along the lines of ” You’ve got enough bikes already why the hell do you want a 650B Plus steel hardtail for , ”

lister

I know there have been issues, and there are weird ‘standards’ at play but…
    We bought 10 bikes for work, where various non-MTB adults use them on a weekly basis as well as biking familiar staff.
    Everyone loves them.
    The big tyres are fun.
    The geometry is bang on.
    They are simple to maintain.
    I’ve taken one out for a ride, over my 150mm ‘enduro weapon’, several times and have had a blast.
    I’ve set my fastest times around Brechfa on one.
    It’s like riding in the mid 90s but more fun.

Discounted price? Do it. Simple.

1-shed
    Free Member

Is it the one that needs the forks replaced? Nice bike for that money though.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

Comedy value! I rode one extensively in Brittany and loved it, on road its sluggish but the rhythmic wurrrr of the tyres is nice… Off road, drop the pressures and float, bounce and giggle along the trails. It’s steel so will last forever, the tyre tech will improve (the Kendal on mine punctured for a hobby) and your smile is endless

cjr61

Try SAVE50 for extra £50 off…do it!

Northwind

If I had space for another bike, I wouldn’t be typing this message, I’d be buying one.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

or you could pick up an old steel Marin for a fiver like i did at the tip!

Poopscoop

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    or you could pick up an old steel Marin for a fiver like i did at the tip!

Oi!

What happened to the pics? 😉

Yes I have a long memory (not really to be honest) and I AM stalking you (no seriously, I’m not. I just like Marins!)

😀

jameso

I picked up a frame and fork and tbh it’s no lightweight, at all. The fork in particular. Still really like the look of it though, partly as I had an early Pin Mtn ‘way back then’ 🙂

lunge

That looks lovely, good price and they gave my size. You buggers are a bad influence on me you know…

montgomery
    Free Member

Damn you. I’ve backed off the final purchase click three times already this morning.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Pros: Heavy. Takes up space. Upgradeitis likely.

Cons: High probability of selling it within the next 12 months

Wild-card: Heavy rigid bike with plus-sized tyres might become your favourite bike/rolling-chassis for upgrades 😉

vincienup
    Free Member

Careful choice of 29er HT would give you a sensible bike that you could run as 27.5+ when the mood takes you.

That said, if buying new parts, you’d be lucky to have very much more than £100-150 change from the price of the Pine Ridge if you were to buy a new 27.5+ wheelset and tyres…

Or you could go crazy

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Interested in these. People mention weird standards. Would I be able to adapt my xt qr wheelset to work with this frame?

Also, do you think the fork issue is sorted?

Thanks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t see past that loopy rear hub size.

holdsteady

Was looking at getting a Genesis longitude then got my head turned by the Pinnacle Ramin 3+ but they bumped prices up so dithered, now trying to justify spending approx £400 more on a Ramin3+ than what a Pine Mountain can now be acquired for -any thoughts?

madxela
    Free Member

Had mine about a year now
    Great fun, does almost anything, yes a bit draggy but the best fun you can have for the money.
    Just do it !

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I’ve had one for over a year and its great, but heavy! The frames are lovely though for the money.

The replaced fork (recall) will have 3 black stripes at the bottom of each fork leg.

Cletus

Just pushed the button on this 😀

SAVE50 code not working though 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Alright I give in ! Marin Pine Mountain thoughts please .’ is closed to new replies.