Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Alps – The White Room – anyone used them?
  • mr_p

Just been looking at The White Room for biking in the alps and they seem pretty cheap compared to other companies. Has anyone been out there with them, any good, what’s the riding like, etc?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Hi mr_p,

I’m Stevo and I run The White Room!

A couple of people who post on here have been out to stay with us, so hopefully they’ll be along at some point to tell you what they thought, but this is only our 2nd summer season, so you won’t be swamped with replies just yet!

Obviously I’m going to tell you the riding out here is awesome, but it really is good. We do almost all our riding on flowing singletrack, usually at least 3000m vertical descent on singletrack every day. Local uplift here in Sainte Foy gives us 1200m of vertical to play with, loads of great, untouched rocky/rooty singletrack in the woods. We also use our own van/trailer combo to go to ride the chairlifts at Les Arcs, La Thuile or Tignes for the day and also to access some more out-of-the-way “backcountry” trails. On top of that, our food is good and the beer is free!

Just back from 2 days riding with French magazine “BIKE” and those guys were blown-away by the trails we have here. Will try to get some photos up shortly.

Drop me an email if you want any more info – address on the website.

Cheers,

Stevo

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

See you in two weeks Stevo!! 😀

stevomcd
    Free Member

Looking forward to it! So good out here just now, been baking-hot for weeks so the trails are dusty and crispy. Temperature up here in the mountains is spot on for riding in, takes the edge off the heat down in the valleys.

chilli
    Free Member

our food is good and the beer is free!

REALLY!?!?!

markd
    Free Member

I am going in 2 weeks too with chunky

canny wait!

stevomcd
    Free Member

our food is good and the beer is free!

REALLY!?!?!

Yup!

woodsman
    Free Member

stevo, is every riding day guided? The ‘free accompanied ridng’ sounds a little abiguous…

ta

nickegg
    Free Member

See you in September Stevo. Can’t wait for our first Alps trip!

b17
    Free Member

We stayed at the White Room for a week’s snowboarding in December. Our honeymoon in fact.

I can back Stevo up that the food and drink is excellent. Stevo and Iona are great hosts too, and the Chalet is really nice. I can’t say much about the riding since everything was well covered in snow on our week. Feel free to email for more comments, they’ll all be positive.

We had such a good time in fact that we’re going back in August for biking. I’m seriously looking forward to it. See you in August Stevo!

Geoff

stevomcd
    Free Member

stevo, is every riding day guided? The ‘free accompanied ridng’ sounds a little abiguous…

We’re out on our bikes every day, fear not!

See here for more info

Looking forward to it Geoff, season starts on Saturday!

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ll be there in 2 weeks too for a big love in with Chunky and Mark amongst others.

markd
    Free Member

woop woop woop pocpocpocpocpoc!

cynic-al
    Free Member

me too. Better be good 😡

markd
    Free Member

it will be.

i promises.

you get first turn in the bigbed with blipps n me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Alps – The White Room – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.