Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Alps or maybe Italy (10-16 Aug) – anyone join?
  • picnic
    Free Member

It’s a bit last minute but I’m planning to head to French Alps or into Italy, possibly Lake Garda, next week from Mon 10 Aug to Sun 16 Aug.

I will be flying into Geneva airport (where I will have left my car and bike) on Monday evening at around 8pm – so if anyone wants to join, you just need to get a flight arriving a similar time. I can also drop back at the airport on the Sunday.

About the riding… I’m not the fittest or fastest but I really like to get out on the mountain away from the crowds and so I don’t mind some climbing or hiking to get to the good trails. Coming down I like the really techy stuff, the rockier the better 😀

I haven’t really thought as far as accommodation yet, I’m happy with anything, camping/hotels, whatever is available.

Let me know if you are interested in joining and we can discuss ideas. Fellow female mtb’ers are especially welcome but of course guys welcome too.

P.S. this is my first post, so hello to all :mrgreen:

ahsf
    Free Member

You will get the rocky tech you want at lake Garda but you will not be away from the crowds in August, I also have the phobia of crowds that’s why I ride/hike a bike more than take the lifts which are on my door step.
    Hope you find the empty mountains you are looking for they are why I moved to the Alps.
    P.s. Inter season is best time to get out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah, don’t think can quite swap my flights around to land in GVA not Manchester as everyone is telling me it’s drizzling up north…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Alps or maybe Italy (10-16 Aug) – anyone join?’ is closed to new replies.