Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alps holiday recommendations
  • kjrogers

Holidayed twice with Trailaddiction at destination X (beaufort) and had a great holiday. My wife is a non off road rider and this was a win win holiday as I got to go and ride and she could chill with her favourite book. There was also enough nearby that she could hop on the bus and go to nearby places and the hotel staff were great even with our limited French. Injury prevented a return last year although we were booked and trail addiction also stopped going to this venue. We visited ourselves once I could ride again and had a great road riding holiday together. On one of our off days we visited the other trail addiction venue and it seemed very isolated if we were to do the same type of holiday again.

Typically we drive to the alps and then spend a second week on a non riding holiday somewhere else.

Would like to do some off road riding again so looking for any recommendation for guided alps holidays that would also have good facilities for a non rider.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Usual STW favourites list below with a few thoughts. I too have been to Dest-X and and had a great holiday.

White Room Chalet

Riding round area offers great variety, small village much like Areches. Was going to book there a year ago with my wife as a non-rider but she will need car to get out and about. (Trip didn’t happen for other reasons). Lots of variety up/down valley

Trail Addiction

Peisey-Vallandry has quite a bit to offer. Club Med is very nice but for guests only. Maybe you only looked round Nancroix where TA’s chalets are based.

Bike Verbier

Probably the Rolls Royce guided holiday, I go to the resort every year but not with BV yet unfortunately. Cost of 2x esp if one is a non-rider may be a bit high. Quieter in summer obviously but lots of great walking, lovely mountain restaurants/lunch/drink spots accessible on foot or by car (you can drive to La Madeline/Croix de Fer/Carrefour/Chez Danny). Some longer hikes using lifts/post bus. Sports centre with pool etc of course. Verbier bowl is a sun trap too. A few road ride options (or excursions by car) – loops upto village via Loutirier/Sarreyer from valley, Dam at Mauvoison, Val Ferret / Campex du Lac, TdF 2016 climb Martigny to Emmoson Dam. Martigny summer exhibition, Monteux 40 mins, Chamonix an hour away.

Bike Riviera

Coastal location could be great for the wife. Much longer drive out from the UK.

NZCol

STW fave Bikevillage ?

stuhawk
    Free Member

I’m going to Briancon for a Guided weekend with Bike-Alp in June. Looks awesome.

http://bike-alp.com/

welshfarmer

Lake Garda? Or what about Slovenia. It is a long drive, but not too bad if you grab a night in southern Germany. Compact and beautiful country with plenty of non-biking stuff and the MTBing is meant to be great too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alps holiday recommendations’ is closed to new replies.