Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Alps accomodation
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

So me and the wife are doing a bit of backpacking around Europe in a few weeks, and on the way we were going to stop somewhere in the alps for a few days so I can get my fix of mountain biking.

I’ve never been before.

Has anyone here camped? Where do you recommend going?

I am not decided on lugging camping gear around with us just yet, so on the assumption that Camping may not be an option… what other options are there for cheap accomodation for a couple of nights for a couple where the lifts are easy accessible and bike hire is also readily available.

CHEERS!

mugsys_m8

well, hostels I guess! Or maybe a cheap serviced chalet share etc? or Gites d’etape

The only hostels I have experience of in the alps are in Chamonix, Zermatt and Saas Fee, oh and down below Val d’isere I’m afraid, as I, up to now, have only hostelled it when climbing or ski touring and not riding.

There are all types of hostels.

Not sure where/ how soon you’re thinking of, but the ski season has not yet fully finished, and lifts will be closed in most resorts for the ‘inbetween period’. However I’m sure you can sort something out!

Have fun!

longweight
    Free Member

Bike Village offer bed and breakfast for a very reasonable price. Check out the details here

[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Alps accomodation’ is closed to new replies.