Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alps
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Best place in the Alps for some xc/DH
    dont know if anyone’s had past experiences, morsine meant to be good but not sure if its overrated!

Militant_biker

There is a heck of a lot of stuff to ride in the Morzine/Les Gets/Portes du Soleil area. Yes it’s busy, yes it’s full of brits, but there’s plenty of trails for everyone. It is more DH than XC, although there are many longer DH runs rather than straight down world cup style.

We went to Tignes last summer for the opening of their new bike park. Thought it would be good for a change. It was awful. We left after 2 days as we’d ridden everything to death, and went to Morzine.

Ambrose

Morzine/ Portes du Soleil region is VAST. There is so much to do. This summer will be my 7th? trip, I’m really looking forwards to doing some stuff I spied last year. I might even give the Pleney a go too. I’ve yet to do it.

Cheezpleez

Stayed in Samoens last year. There’s quite a bit there, both DH and XC but not as much as Les Get/Morzine. It’s a lot less popular than Morzine/Les Gets (so no horrendous braking bumps on every corner) and it’s only a half-hour drive away so you can visit the honey pots if you feel the need. I rode in both places and enjoyed the mix. Also rode in northern Italy (with Rivierabike) and for me the riding there was much more interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alps’ is closed to new replies.