Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alpkit stem cell and jet oil.
  • lesgrandepotato

Headed off to the outer Hebrides for a bit of bike based exploration. Could do with some bar storage. Does anyone know if a jetboil will fit in a stem cell?

whitestone
    Free Member

Not sure of the diameter of a jetboil but an Alpkit 650 Mytimug just fits and I think that’s 100mm diameter. You might want to check the height as well – if the jetboil is too tall/topheavy then you’ll have fun.

AlexSimon

I thought this was going to be about stain removal. Disappointed.

lesgrandepotato

Diameter may be an issue. Why top heavy ab issue?

whitestone
    Free Member

The stem cells aren’t particularly deep so if the jetboil sticks too far above the top of the bag then it has the increased possibility of falling out.

martymac

Mine takes a standard 500ml bottle, with only the drinking spout poking out.

kcal

also look at others – Revelate stuff (sadly the website is throwing SSL errors…) Gas Tank but looks like there’s a new one on its way.. “Mag Tank”..

dovebiker

Don’t think so – I have Jetboil Zip and Stem Cells but never tried it as the Jetboil is too big.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I was trying to figure out the same thing last year. Lots of suggestions all of which meant spending loads of cash. In the end I carefully bent a wire bottle cage into shape to mount my jetboil on the seat tube. I strap a velcro band around to stop it making a bid for freedom on rocky sections.

Works very well.

CraigW
    Free Member

There’s a new Stem Cell XL version, which is a bit bigger.

km79
    Free Member

There’s a new Stem Cell XL version, which is a bit bigger.

New XL Stem Cell can take 125mm diameter, I think a Jetboil is 104mm.

johnnystorm

You might be better off with some Gorilla Clips and popping it on your forks or under your down tube.

thorpie
    Free Member

My brukit jackal fits in a stem cell xl easy enough. Jetboil probably would as well?

cookeaa

What a let down, I was hoping this was some sort of 90’s pubescent fantasy thead…

With the stem cell being used to transport:

I is disappoints…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit stem cell and jet oil.’ is closed to new replies.