Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alpkit Prism 550
  • smartay

Hi All
    Anyone using this as a helmet mounted light, and how have you mounted it.
    their site shows one of the smaller lights fitted to a helmet using cable ties

smartay

Bump, hopefully someone will pick this up on their dinner break or does no one rate this light

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m hoping someone can tell me how to bar-mount it…

tazzymtb

great little light, really good penetration and spread of beam , lasts about 1hour 30- 1hr 45 on full beam. much like a slightly older joystick really. Takes the same batteries as the exposure spark, so get the rechargable ones with the charger for about 12 quid from wiggle or similar and you are laughing. I tool the headband off and just popped a velcro strap on so it attahces to a helmet and stay put really well. nice and low profile as well. There was a thread on here the other day about helmet lights where i recomeneded it as good budget offering. you can get Chinese torch jobs cheaper, but the build quality is more iffy and the chargers and batteries can be a bit, well, burn your house down if you get a crap one.

tazzymtb

the only to bar mount would be with a zip ties, for road riding its more than enough, but then there are better more specific versions. I wouldn’t bother as a bar light for offroad as you can get a more powerful system with a separate batter from mtb lights for not much more cash

ahwiles
    Free Member

just looking for something small, cheap, simple, bright, etc. for my commuter.

i’ve already got batteries + charger, so the prism ticks a lot of boxes…

tazzymtb

if you want a nice little raod/commuter light have a look for the Luu Pico. Lovely little self contained unit comes in 380 lumen or 520 lumen flavours. You can pick them up for 50-60 quid with a bit of shopping around and they give about 2-3 hours on full beam. the bar mount is really good as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Prism 550’ is closed to new replies.