• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Alpine bike doctor, Jaff VTT
  • Dr_Bakes

On the back of the threads about the Portes Du Soleil, Les Gets, Morzine area, and the damage it can, and has done to riders, I wanted to put forward a recommendation for somewhere to get your bike fixed if it needs it when you’re out there this summer.

I stupidly took out a pair of (barely) functioning bombers on my bike last week for the Pass’Portes and by the end of Day One they were effectively working like very heavy rigid forks.

Being a skin flint I soldiered on for another day before relenting and letting Chris at Jaff VTT in Les Gets have a look. He rebuilt them overnight, reconstructed the rebound cartridge that was in 4 pieces, and gave them a clean and re-oil ready for me to pick them up at 9am the following morning. He only asked 60 Euro for a service that would cost a fair bit more in the UK and did it there and then.

A great bloke and someone I had no problems handing the money over to. He also bled a mate’s brakes after they’d boiled and, even more encouragingly, diagnosed a problem with another’s but said it’d be fine for the week and to leave it until he got home, i.e. not charging for unnecessary work.

He’s English and has set up on his own down at the Morzine end of Les Gets, not far from the Mont Chery lift. After our group experienced some less impressive service in some of the other shops in the area last year, I’d recommend looking him up if you’re in Les Gets. I have no links to him at all other than two very grateful wrists!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Alpine bike doctor, Jaff VTT’ is closed to new replies.