• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alpi bike park information?
  • MSP

Anyone been there? I am trying to find some information on the towns and villages, mainly if there is a main one that is the centre of the area (kind of like Morzine).

MSP

Could also do with knowing the distances between the resorts and if they link up, or have transport between them.

kayak23

I went to Sauze last summer. Can’t comment on whether it links with the other resorts I’m afraid as we only stayed in Sauze, and just for a couple of days.

Fantastic riding though, that I do know.

Marko

Some info here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sauze-doulx-anyone-know-when-the-lifts-open-for-the-2013-summer-season

Bardonecchia is the main centre with a choice of three lifts. Note they will only all be open at weekends until August. Sauze will open at weekends and possibly randomly during the week.
    You can also nip over to France (via the Clarie valley) and ride Briancon from a Bardonechhia base.

All the lift assisted ‘Bike’ resorts are accessible from Sauze or Bardonnechia. Prali is a bit of journey, but still only a couple of hours from Sauze.

I can’t comment on the XC venues as I’ve never used them.

I’ve said it before, but I’ll repeat it again:
    CHECK WITH THE LOCAL TIC BEFORE SETTING OFF TO ANY VENUE.( This is Italy – open means ‘maybe’).

Hth
    Marko

MSP

The not opening until August kills that off then, I would be going in mid july.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alpi bike park information?’ is closed to new replies.