Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alloy or Carbon Forks for my CX bike
  • youngj1
    Free Member

Looking to buy a cyclocross frameset and build it up from there….

What are the advantages and disadvantages between an alloy and a carbon fork?

Is the carbon fork worth the extra 50 quid?

Cheers in advance!

clubber
    Free Member

Carbon is typically lighter but not always. In theory it damps out a bit more vibration too but I've never really noticed it to a significant degree.

Which ones are you looking at?

youngj1
    Free Member

The nice boys at performance cycles are builing me a kinesis fiveT with the bits off my old roadbike and have quoted me for the kinesis alloy fork, but wondering if I should go for the carbon one or not.

samuri
    Free Member

I'd go with Carbon myself, I really noticed the difference in buzz with a carbon fork, it takes quite a lot off, it may well be the fork in question though. Salsa for me.

clubber
    Free Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it myself – If you're working to a fixed bduget, I'd probably spend £50 more on wheels than the fork.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

are the dimensions the same? I changed from a kinesis alloy to carbon to get a lower front end, it felt a bit sluggish before

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Has anyone on here ridden or owns a salsa la cruz? I've convinced myself that I 'need' one but would appreciate any comments from the STW wisdom gnomes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alloy or Carbon Forks for my CX bike’ is closed to new replies.