Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • All these threads about getting drunk and pub crawls…
  • Harry_the_Spider

Does anyone else find that after 3 pints they piss themselves inside out then go home for a rotten and interrupted night’s sleep followed by a seismic hangover?

I hate being old. 😐

cp

Yes

woody21
    Free Member

I have to admit – Yes

CaptainSlow

Yep. It’s how I discovered “moderation” 🙁

Still, I’ve lost a few kg so it’s not all bad 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s your body’s way of telling you not to drink poison.

MrSparkle

Nope.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I thought I couldn’t drink much any more, but the other night I did manage an extra two large glasses of wine after I’d finished the first bottle of red – it’s got nothing to do with being old I can assure you youngsters!

tomhoward

Young ‘uns are rubbish at booze these days. Show them a couple of Bacardi breezers and a shot of Malibu and they are falling about all over the place, then complain about having the worst hangover evah the next day. At least us more ‘seasoned’ drinkers can handle our ale, and know when enough is enough.

I know, I remember when all this were fields an all….

Jamie
    Free Member

Bacardi breezers and a shot of Malibu

It’s true. They get me leathered.

richmars

I find if I cycle about 5 miles between pints I’m fine.

tomhoward

It’s true. They get me leathered.

Fancy a drink, pretty eyes? 😉

Drac

Not me but sadly I don’t have the ability to drink shit loads then feel great the next day anymore. It’s a good thing as one of reasons is I cut down massively on the amount I drank, I had to it wasn’t doing me any good. So I’ll settle for having the odd hangover these days.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fancy a drink, pretty eyes?

*hitches up skirt*

You’re on!

*falls over*

Harry_the_Spider

You’re quite a catch.

cynic-al
    Free Member

44 here, 3 pints is fine (though I am used to it).

5-6 is usually the threshold.

Coyote
    Free Member

47. Still going strong but agree with the sleep thing.

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re quite a catch.

I worry about the intentions of the guy standing behind the tree.

tomhoward

Don’t be, I just like to watch you sleep.

bearnecessities

He’s definitely driving the car of a murderer.

scotroutes

4 or 5 pints and I’ve had enough. That’s when I reach for the whisky.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

3? Just how old are you, 90?

I barely drink at all, maybe once a month and still manage 5-6 without a hangover, or falling in a hedge on the way home. I’m 35

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t be, I just like to watch you sleep.

Sorry for all the farting then. Apparently, I do that a lot in my sleep.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I find the absolute worst thing is when you get to the stage that means all you want to do is go to bed and sleep, except you can’t sleep ‘cos everything is spinning. Spinning so much you have to hold on to the bed. You also know you are in for an absolutely horrible day in the morning.

Last time I did that was about this time last year, the night before doing the London to Brighton off road ride 🙄

IanW
    Free Member

Had five and a curry on Thursday, just about recovered this morning.

May give total abstinence a go for a month or so, see how that works out.

FunkyM- most of my mates >40 agree any more than 2 pints is hangover inducing, something for you to look forward to. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I had 3 Kronenbourgs last night and while I don’t feel rough, I do feel a bit sluggish.

Going to play havoc with my yoga session in an hour as well…

*parp*

Scamper
    Free Member

At this rate stw is getting a rep as a forum for lightweights. But yes, more than 2 pints these days and it effects my sleep and ability to operate next day – doesn’t stop me, mind 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Kids curtailed my drinking.
    Hangover + crying kid at 4am + sick/poo = not good.
    Now just a couple of pints or half a bottle of red is my limit.
    I just realised how much time was wasted feeling wasted.

Harry_the_Spider

Kids curtailed my drinking.
    Hangover + crying kid at 4am + sick/poo = not good.
    Now just a couple of pints or half a bottle of red is my limit.
    I just realised how much time was wasted feeling wasted.

Exactly the same for me.

epicyclo

Now the real reason for compact geometry is exposed.

So the STW beer bellies have room to swing… 🙂

benji
    Free Member

I’m going to bed, when these kind of antics are going out, mug of cocoa and night night, fresh and ready for the next day. Don’t understand why people want to spend money just to feel ill and embarrass themselves.

Jamie
    Free Member

So the STW beer bellies have room to swing…

That would only be accurate if the thread was about the reverse of what it is actually about.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Went out for a meal last night,had 2 shandies cos I was the driver. Had 2 glasses of red when we got home,and my head is banging this morning.
    I really think I need to ease up on the shandy next time 😀

singletrackmind

The new ‘light’ beers at 2.8% are a useful tool in combating the next day hell.
    They dont taste of much , granted and this will invoke keyboard machismo tales of ‘drinking my own wee, be stronger than that rubbish’ …but if you have to function the next day , either for work or say a long drive in iffy weather they have their place.
    At an all day BBQ , drink them long with a top and you can still quench your thirst without looking like a non drinker .
    I have a theory that once you get to 21 each year the hangover takes 1 hour longer to get over , so at 41 thats 20 hours of feeling fuzzy and potentially missing out on stuff.
    Alledegedly the blue Becks alcohol free Lager is paletable as well.
    In my effort to reduce my units to an acceptable level ( 17 last fri night ) I might try a blend of Becks Blue and a 2.8% Carling Zest.
    Dont want to stop drinking, I am just irresponsible and dont know when to stop and 2 pints is never enough.

binners

Harry – I regard our Monday nights as a sort of pub crawl. One for lightweights. Its been going on all year. We’re touring the drinking establishments of the north west, one a week, having a pint or two in each, then we go home until next week. And if there are chip butties involved then we’re ecstatic!

Nowadays if I have more than a few pints in one sitting then feel like I’m pregnant with twins, so tend to then switch to red wine. There has never been a recorded incidence of this tactic going well. I now just have to face facts. If I drink, then I’ll fall asleep way before I approach anything like ‘wasted’

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can’t drink more than two pints, so I make those two pints the best beer I can possibly find. 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

Don’t understand why people want to spend money just to feel ill and embarrass themselves.

Because other people will then realise how much of a real man they are and appreciate their ability to drink alcohol to excess.
    It used to be displays of dexterity with a sword and horsemanship that affirmed your rank amongst peers, now in the modern world alcohol consumption marks you out as a man of good character, before sodomy was legalised you would be hung for not being able to imbibe large quantities of alcohol as this would mean you were a ‘gayer’
    Society still clings on to this outdated historical notion.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘All these threads about getting drunk and pub crawls…’ is closed to new replies.