Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • All the `different Rock shox revelations….
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a 130-150 ish air fork and looking at the RS Revelations (with QR axle, post mounts prefrerably). BUT there are so many types? Ive seen 140mm, 150mm, 120-150mm so whats all the different advantages, I`m hoping to get an 09/10 set at a discount price 🙂 but are the latest updates significantly better?
    ta

BadlyWiredDog

The 2011 ones all have Dual Flow rebound damping – better high speed control – in 2010 it was just the Team models that got that, the Race ones just had the same as, say, Pikes, so if you ride fast over lots of rocks, the high speed rebound damping can flow enough oil and doesn’t get overfaced. The 2010 Team also have the Black Box Motion Control, better and adjustable rebound damping as do the 2011 Ti ones.

So, if you want all the gubbins, 2010 Team models or 2011 RLT Ti. If that makes any sense.

I think that’s just about right 😕

retro83
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

The 2011 ones all have Dual Flow rebound damping – better high speed control – in 2010 it was just the Team models that got that, the Race ones just had the same as, say, Pikes, so if you ride fast over lots of rocks, the high speed rebound damping can flow enough oil and doesn’t get overfaced. The 2010 Team also have the Black Box Motion Control, better and adjustable rebound damping as do the 2011 Ti ones.

So, if you want all the gubbins, 2010 Team models or 2011 RLT Ti. If that makes any sense.

I think that’s just about right

Don’t think that the RL and RLT have the dualflow rebound, do they? Just says Motion Control on the site. Good if they do though.

BadlyWiredDog

The 2011s all have dualflow, I think, from the RS site:

‘• RL and RLT models upgraded to Dual Flow rebound.’

Last year the Team – and I guess World Cup – got Dual Flow, but the Race models didn’t. The only reason I’m familiar with these tiresome details is that I had to replace a fork a couple of weeks back, so went through it all then. I think the short answer, unless you absolutely have to have XX remote control, is either one of the 2010 Team forks or the 2011 Ti ones. If you want U-Turn you have to get a 2010 fork as the 2011 option is the Dual Position adjustment. I’m going to sit down now 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

The 2011s all have dualflow, I think, from the RS site:

‘• RL and RLT models upgraded to Dual Flow rebound.’
    Strange that it doesn’t say that on the specs. Good news anyway.

BadlyWiredDog

It says it on the Rockshox web site, honest…

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/revelation-rlt

They’re nice forks anyway.

retro83
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

It says it on the Rockshox web site, honest…

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/revelation-rlt

They’re nice forks anyway.

Ah right, I was looking under ‘Specifications’ which says:

Damping Motion Control

As opposed to the RLT Ti which says:

Damping BlackBox Motion Control, Dual Flow Rebound

Probably just forgotten to update that bit.

jamesb
    Free Member

this is why I am confused as to all teh different specs!!!

Northwind

As far as I can tell, Blackbox always gets you all the trimmings. Is it worth the extra? Not sure, depends how much the extra is! I love my Blackbox Teams but there’s nothing wrong with my old-tech Motion Control Revs either.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘All the `different Rock shox revelations….’ is closed to new replies.