Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • all round tyres
  • pondy
    Free Member

Have moved house and now have a 10 mile ride to work, its mainly off road riding through walking trails in a forest and on the sides of fields etc, started to get flats due to loads of thorns about so going back to tubeless with stans sealant and my flow rims. Currently have the cheapest mountain kings you can get, grip isn’t the best and every time you get a flat the sidewall cracks around the bead wire. They seem very hard compound and don’t seem to have worn

After something with better grip but wears well when on tarmac aswell. The Conti used alot of sealant before to seal them, is it better to have a ust tyre?

Clobber
    Free Member

on-one smorgasbord go-up tubeless a treat

nedrapier

I’ve seen loads of tyres and they’re all round.

plyphon
    Free Member

I’ve seen loads of tyres and they’re all round.

i can confirm this you should be fine

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Only last night I mounted a Spesh Purgatory Control tyre on some Flows. Easy to mount and seal with a track pump; as of this afternoon the tyre is still inflated 😀

Too early to comment on performance, but I’ve had good reports from other users and they’re not heavy compared to full UST tyres if that concerns you.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Love my purgatorys. Only ever change the rear for a bling bling in the driest conditions.

pondy
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, a couple made me chuckle 😆

pondy
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, a couple made me chuckle 😆
    looked into a load of tyres tonight and more confused than ever.
    do I really need a ust tyre for what I ride, I don’t ride trail centres etc, just natural terrain to work, hardpacked with roots etc, I want grip but don’t want to wear out fast with im on tarmac. does such a tyre exist?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

+1 for smorgasbord . Cheap, grippy and work well tubeless

fadda

Crossmarks?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘all round tyres’ is closed to new replies.