Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • all round tires??
  • boothspeedmini
    Free Member

hi,
    just inspected my tires yesterday and it looks as though im going to need some new ones. but i don’t want to buy a summer and winter pair, i want to buy an all round pair that will cope with almost anything, any suggestions? i manly ride xc but i will try just about everything; although dropp offs and jumps arn’t to my cup of tea 🙂

stainburn is my local faviourate and if anyone rides there you know what the conditions are like,
    cheers guys,
    jamie

jonk

High rollers or spesh Eskar

GW
    Free Member

smoke/dart

walleater

I wouldn’t rule out the idea of square tyres completely. OK, rolling resistance isn’t ideal but they are great for trials riding.

boothspeedmini
    Free Member

thanks guys, got told hight rollers were good 🙂

edoverheels
    Free Member

Aren’t High Rollers a bit much for general XC. For my normal bike I use the next Maxxis tyre down, the Advantage. 2.25 or 2.35, I can’t remember but voluminous and not too heavy. Have them on a Soul and have been really good.

Gotama
    Free Member

For general xc a high roller is a bit over the top and draggy i would say, especially in 2.35. Advantage on the front with an ignitor on the rear if you like maxxis. Conti rubber queen should also be reasonable all year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘all round tires??’ is closed to new replies.