Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • All quiet on the Mayhem front
  • nickc

There’s usually some-one there with a laptop….Wonder how it’s going?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Maybe they’re just enjoying the riding, rather than moaning about the rain for a change 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

been a few showers in Cheltenham so might be damp on course.

nickc

It has to be said, when I saw the weather forecast, i was a bit miffed I was missing it this year, but I’ve had a lovely tea, some wine, and I’ve a very comfy bed to look forward to later…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Twas a bit more than damp when I did a ‘quick’ (ish 😉 ) half-lap of the course earlier . . . apparently it had rained most of the night. Most of the course was nice and dry but there was one part of the woods in particular which was pretty much unrideable when my bike got clogged solid – I guess if the rain holds off though it’ll be fine by the time several hundred riders have been through.

scaredypants

it’ll be fine by the time several hundred riders have been through

😉

🙂

😯

😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Well if it sticks to their bikes like it stuck to mine it’ll be down to bedrock by now 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

its not rained over here (Malvern) since last night so they should be fine.

The course IMO is more technical this year, and there’s even a steep downhill bit (that I fell over on because some bugger had “parked” on the only line 🙂 ) as well as some nice twisty singletrack in the wood.

If it rains though, there will be blood 🙂

And sheldon’s “goppping bike” is very nice indeed 🙂

Alex

I popped over last night to see a few friends. It did rain most of the night here on Friday. First lap was quite nasty in the woods apparently, but it’s all dry now.

When the guys were coming back at 8ish last night, I’m sure I saw dust (yes DUST!) on the bikes. General opinion was course was good, except the one technical bit they’ve build a chicken run round which is QUICKER so everyone is taking it.

Doesn’t seem quite as busy in the trade area.

Lovely morning here, just had a text saying course is really fast now. I’m with Nick on this, kind of wished I’d done it, but then came home, sat down, opened wine, etc, etc.

neilb67
    Free Member

Went yesterday to see a mate do his first 24hr race. Course, as said above, was dusty for most of it apart from the woods at the top. As for the chicken run I think most people got used to the abuse hurled at them from our “friendly” postman for those that took the easy route and didnt mind being called a mincer…

Fair play to all the unicyclists who rode down the hard route.. 😯

I think there will be a photo gallery of some well known people taking the “mincer” route up soon… 😆

chunkypaul
    Free Member

twas brilliant!

brant
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

did matt win ??

was dave 6th again ?

rOcKeTdOg

it rained a lot friday night, dry all day sat, about an hour of rain sat night made the 2 am laps ‘interesting’ but it dried out lovely

rOcKeTdOg

pic of short cut here
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-defining-pic-from-osmm
    bike used on night lap here…..look the wheels turn without an hours unclogging! 😯

rOcKeTdOg

dry bits

DavidB
    Free Member

Why is Chipps wearing a corduroy skirt

rOcKeTdOg

it’s that kind of race 🙂

Badger
    Free Member

no wonder Pat looks unimpressed. Sorry chipps, don’t think you’ve pulled!

;o)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘All quiet on the Mayhem front’ is closed to new replies.