Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • All Original Bikes?
  • wombat

Doen anyone else on here have a bike that's more then 3 years old that's still got all it's original parts (allowing for replacement of consumable items)?

Both of mine are un-upgraded (4 years and 9 years old), am I the only one?

stew1982
    Free Member

Quite probably – i think about 2 days is the longest Ive had a standard bike!

sweepy
    Free Member

mines pretty much the same, when the BB went i got a different chainset but not an upgrade as such, oh and i changed the tyres for the ones on my old bike. Other than that no change.

Edric64
    Free Member

No ,I usually change stuff as soon as I get a bike ,first to go on an mtb is the seat pin as they never come with one that is long enough

andytherocketeer

almost, depending on what you call consumable
    1 bike is 3 yrs old at Christmas, only things changed are tyres and bar grips, oh and chain.
    other bike is from ca. 1996 and only things changed are chain, cassette, bb and 1 STX shifter (and numerous tyres/tubes)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Both of my bikes are heavily upgraded over their standard spec, but then that’s been the intention from the outset.

The only items that have been replaced due to wear and tear are cables, headsets, bottom brackets, handlebars and saddles.

slimtubing
    Free Member

My coiler is stock as a rock. 2004 model, could be due to the fact that 4 years of uni, 2 kids under 3 and a very sporadically employed last 12 months means that
    a) I couldn’t afford to upgrade an inner tube
    b) i literally havent got the energy to organise my self to ride the thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘All Original Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.