Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • All-mountain bars and stems?
  • GW
    Free Member

😆

tomaso
    Free Member

I asked this on another thread, has anyone broken a stem… and not just overtightening the cap bolts but proper broken in action?

Erm yep but it a long time ago and it was a weird bonded ti quill stem.

I got FSA Gravity bars off On ONe for less than $20 and they are 720mm and a 60mm Specialized stem and it all works well.

smoothchicken

Wanted to get carbon Easton Haven’s but waaaay to much, opted for Nukeproof Warhead 760mm, bloody perfect, makes the bike super stable compared my old 680mm Monkey Bars. Still need shorter stem, 60mm Hope more than likely. Not worried about tress the Warheads take chunks out of them!

Superficial
    Free Member

I shall pass your sentiments onto Messrs Peat, Atherton, Gwin and Hart. I hear they all run 620mm bars 😉

Northwind

Yeah, we should all also be riding downhill bikes all the time.

undapressure
    Free Member

Enve carbon DH or mountain bars with Easton haven stem, lovely.

cabbage84
    Free Member

I run raceface atlas stem and bar on all my bikes and love them

bigbloke
    Free Member

On the full suss, Sunline V1 stem 65mm with Nukeproof bars.

letmein
    Free Member

Big thumbs down for the Easton Haven Carbon Riser bars. I had them on an Orange 5 AM and was getting aching wrists and sore hands after only a few mins riding. Switched them for a Renthal fatbar riser and my problem was solved and the position of the bars and the bike now feel great. As I didn’t want the £100+ bars to go to waste I then put them on my HT swapping them for syntace vector low risers. Same problem! My hands and wrists were sore after a few mins! I’m not sure what it is with these bars they don’t agree with me whatsoever

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Easton Havoc and Sunline V1 bars on my 456

(cheap) KORE stem and Sunline V1’s on my Enduro

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘All-mountain bars and stems?’ is closed to new replies.