Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • "All in it together…unless you're a top civil servant"
  • konabunny
    Free Member

it’s not permanent employment, but a two year contract.

Ach, come on, in the current economic climate and in a flexible labour market, two years is far more security than 90% of employees in the UK have.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LHS – Member

….. yes i agree lets not go off topic and detract from the OP.

Brilliant…….you managed to go off topic with your very first post !

Which was :

LHS – Member

Private services being contracted to do a job for a public company.

Not that uncommon across the board really?

This news story and the OP’s link has nothing at all to do with whether it’s common for private services to be contracted to do a job for a public company.

It’s concerning the fact that the chief secretary to the Treasury was allegedly unaware of the potential tax benefits to the Student Loans Company’s chief executive, and that he had ordered an “urgent review”

The clue is in the headline, written in big bold letters : “Civil servant tax claims: Danny Alexander orders review”, so how you missed that is beyond me – I can only conclude that you deliberately deviated from the topic, I can’t imagine that anyone who posts on here struggles that much understanding simple written English. Or are really that easily confused ?

You then compounded the problem by appearing to still be in a confused state/off topic, by posting this picture :

The inference is clear – that this is all the result of “mob rule”. And yet Danny Alexander’s decision came only after a BBC Newsnight report, the issue had not been discussed by the general media and there was no evidence of any “public outrage” over the matter.

Unperturbed you decided to attack the BBC and continue to go “off topic and detract from the OP”, something which you now claim you don’t want to do 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘"All in it together…unless you're a top civil servant"’ is closed to new replies.