Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Aliexpress cranks?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Looking for cranks I can shorten for a new bike build for my 5 year old daughter and came across these on Ali:

$32 shipped..
    Any thoughts?

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I dont think a 5 year old will do much damage even if they are not tested to destruction by Qc. So I would say they should be fine.

breninbeener

Arent the cranks hollow on real xt. So maybe these fakes are too. If so…how would you thread a hole for the pedals?

stevied
    Free Member

Arent the cranks hollow on real xt. So maybe these fakes are too

I’d ask the question before ordering 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hollow cranks for $32 lol. Even if they were they’d take pedals and the abuse a 5yr old will dish out.

Bearings might not be the best but pre grease

andyl
    Free Member

Spotted these on ebay the other day. They are hollowed out on the back face like Deore. Obviously styled to be like XT on the outside.

stevied
    Free Member

Have you got a link Andy?

otsdr
    Free Member

Do they come in 100mm or whatever length a 5yo needs? Or maybe there’s a crankarm-the-length-of-your-shin fitting school I haven’t heard of?

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks Andy. Looking at the photos they won’t be any good as the slot would prevent me being able to shorten them

andyl
    Free Member

^ that wasnt me but those are the ones.

How about these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suntour-CHAINSET-Alloy-Arm-22-32-42-Crank-set-NEW-Bike-Cycle-MTB-Black-White-/231618391469?var=&hash=item35ed882dad:m:m34EwwuoHshrbMpd07TDAaw

A familair brand, cheaper, with rings and look like you could redrill them. I think superstar do pedal taps.

stevied
    Free Member

^ that wasnt me

😳
    Those Suntour ones look perfect, thanks. We’ve got the right taps ah work 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

If you aren’t too bothered about the bb etc you can get short cranks in loads of sizes from any frog bike dealer for about £30 for square taper short cranks with a chainring.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Aliexpress cranks?’ is closed to new replies.